Bob Hope is no longer with us - but in times past...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Dec 17, 2016.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

From 1943, Christmas and from the front lines.....

Lest we forget.

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Bless your soul, Bob!

I skipped Bob and his show when I was in the service! I was short and my RTO was loooooong, so I sent him to the show! All reports said it was a great show! I saw many more through the years on tv! He's a man I greatly admire for his commitment to our troops and liberty!

3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Had a cousin in Korea who was in a sort of a pill box watching the lines when Bob Hope had one of his tours, and of course he couldn't go to the show, about 2 am, Hope, a couple guys with rifles and an officer showed up. Said Hi, apologized for not having one of the pretty ladies with him and asked if he wanted a beer, hot chocolate or a drink. Cousin shook his hand talked for a minute and had the hot chocolate. Hope and the group then left to go to the next position. You did not want to make negative comments about Hope to him. He specifically said there were no cameras, reporters etc and it was never mentioned by the military.

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

That was awesome!

Ura-Ki, Taku and Altoidfishfins like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Robin Williams was the modern day Bob Hope. He was over there a tons of times. Kid Rock was also. I think those two were over there more than any others.I saw them a couple times...

Ura-Ki, duane and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

From 1940....

Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Sure wish I could have seen Bob Hope! Robin Willims was was pretty frickin awesome, and there were many others that came with him. Sure made a difference having them come out and do a few shows, and shake every ones hand after! I will always remember Larry the Cable Guy, what a Great Man, Humble and Sincere, and very concerned for every one, A Genuine Person who really cared!!!

Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My wife attended RoseMary Clooney's wedding in Maysville, Ky several years ago and got to meet Bob Hope. I didn't bother to go but did get invited to dinner that night with Rosemary's nephew, George.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7