Body disposal post SHTF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scrapman21009, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

"Must be a king..." "Why?" He hasn't got $-it all over him"!
    LOL! Thanks I needed that today, especially right now!
    "I'm feeling better"!

Falcon15 likes this.
  2. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

The one point I did not see made is what killed them. If I did, nature can deal with it. I will move them far enough away not to smell. If disease killed them then it is a different matte and fire is your friend. I live where there are large slash piles and I intend to use them.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Fire - cleansing disease and rotting flesh since the Dark Ages

dragonfly likes this.
  4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

See post #6.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Burning bunches of corpses at the boundaries of your land can send a Vlad the Impaler impression...

;) LOL

Alpha Dog likes this.
  6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

True Vlad is one of my favorite ruler's and a great warrior

7. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

Around here, in the Spring, summer and fall, we have what are called "Turkey Buzzards" but they are really a cross between an industrial vacuum and super sharp teeth. No chance any meat is going to go stinky with them around.

Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If things go out of round, I'm going to need a solar powered backhoe. This ground is too solid for the second S of SSS by hand.

dragonfly likes this.
  9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

During WWII pilots coming in to newly secured airstrips would "lose their lunch" when they even got close to the ground. There were so many decaying bodies that the stench in that South Pacific heat that it was horribly unimaginable. Untold numbers of Japaneese dead were simply dozered over in trenchs, buried in caves, and covered in shallow graves.

10. Falcon15

Between the turkey buzzards and feral hogs, we are covered in Texas. Problem is, the buzzard column will kind of be like a column of smoke. I'm still moving bodies away.

jungatheart likes this.
  11. Falcon15

Special stakes at your property gate with a sign on each reading "LOOTER" and a nice sharp pointy part for a head...

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Thermite?

13. gomer

gomer Hooligan

Not as easily, thermite. Did you know it's used for welding railway tracks? Better to use solidox and tire rubber.

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Pig farm, if the bodies are fairly fresh.......

Got a good sized lake nearby - gators and catfish gotta eat too. Gators ain't picky.

15. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Hope some of you have better sense and are only doing a bravado BS thing ..... defending your homestead or not ..... start displaying dead bodies and some guard unit or posse is going to string you up ......

there's a few cops in New Orleans wish they used a little more common sense ..... SHTF situations tend to end and the law tends to be a b*tch .....

jasonl6 likes this.
  16. Falcon15

A few things to consider here, chief.

One - there is some seriously dark humor on this site.

Two - if these things were to happen (displaying bodies etc.), at a remote BoL, it would be a huge signpost "PEOPLE LIVE HERE". That would be really bad for the OPSEC business.

Three: yes, SHTF scenarios do tend to end. That does not mean the big event will end in days, weeks, or months. It could be years or even decades. In a place like Texas, "guard units" will either a: be manned by Texans who would applaud any person defending their property, and b: be something you likely want to avoid, even of you are "law abiding". Posses are not a likely scenario except in and around townships with a modicum of law enforcement and goodly quantities of people who can afford the time to chase down criminals. Townships will really not give 2 figs about what happens outside their town inless it directly impacts them - ie - their food stores were robbed, or some marauder group wanders through. Then, they are just as likely if not more so, in an extended WROL scenario, to display dead bodies and heads on pikes as fair warning.

I don't know about Illinois, but here in Texas, things will be very different than they are now.

Your post makes me think you are preparing for a minor event that could last just a few months. I certainly hope that is not the case. Illinois is going to be hell on wheels, especially around St. Louis and Chicago, heck even in towns like Carbondale.

Texas, too will have its problems around the big cities, but just a couple hours drive out, and you are in Gods Country, and Lord save you if you are caught stealing food or killing animals. Lynching is considered a full contact sport in some parts of Texas to this day. ., YMMV.

BackwoodsmanUSA and Alpha Dog like this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, what we are discussing is a total breakdown, a major-league TEOTWAWKI situation. If we figure the 'system' will be back up in a few days or weeks, it's a different matter. Personally, I don't intend to be inthe close proximity to a LOT of deaders. A few can be dealt with - burial or burning.
    But if the Golden Horde is laying out bloating, I am out of there..... Let nature take it's course.
    For a small town or community, then the mass burial using any available running equipment - or shovels and hard digging if not - will be the order of the day. The community will do what's necessary to ensure health. At that point, any smoke or other 'signs' is a moot point.
    Out here, a lot of folks have old tractors and other equipment that predates electronics. Some will be useable even after a possible EMP.
    We will NOT waste our time waiting on FEMA..........

18. Falcon15

Just remember - the US Government would not be above an EMP strike in it's own airspace to cripple any invader on US soil. It has been discussed in mil circles for decades.

19. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I tried to "discuss" this topic recently...with just a couple of people, and they found me to be morbid and morose! Oh well, some people will NEVER "get it"!

larryinalabama likes this.
  20. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

I have friends like that too, the same people who think that if they have 3 days of MRE's and a gallon of water they are fully prepped!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7