Bomb kills Iranian nuclear expert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Well if you really go look now the evidence is there to show most of the attacks used to get us into every war are fake or set ups backed by a pack of lies the US government has always used fear to control people and garner support for the actions they wish to take.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

At the time, my boat was the most advanced design so far as stealth goes, and played target for a number of task groups. One against as many as 10 skimmers, including carriers. We always wiped out the command ship (launch a flare saying "gotcha') and slithered off pursued but undetected. Or launched a flare, "here we are, come get us" and be gone before they could react. We were supposed to lose if the skimmers had their act together, but never did. ASW tactics did NOT work for that class of sub.

Back on topic, then. Yes, WWI and II saw the US in the mindset of isolationist policy, stay home and mind the fences. The debacle at Pearl Harbor was the biggest wakeup call the military has ever seen, every other action was initiated after preparations were in place including WWI. Complacency ruled, stand down for holidays, Sundays, picnics and golf tournaments. Dumb. That mistake is not being made for Iran, you can bet your last bottle of water that has been gamed to death. How many different ways can you squash a bug, and what can happen if you miss when you stomp? The decision/consequence trees on that will have many branches.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Our simulator allowed any ship to have most any weapon system. We were tasked to launch Antiship missiles and fly them at 5,000 feet, 500 knots nice and level. A danged 'clay pidgeon shoot'. So, I spiced it up a bit - skimmed those babies in at wave top height and 1,000 knots, then pop up and slam it down into the flagship - the admiral didb't like getting his cherry popped (virtually of course). Can't have an obsolescent ASW Frigate take out the USS America, can we? Ah well - I had fun. I kept from laughing as I played it off as a 'computer glitch'.......
    But the way I attacked was basically just as the Russians or Chinese would have done....... that was against Game Rules.
    I learned that wargames aren't to test readiness, or see if a strategy works - it is soley to make the high brass feel good about wasting money on certain projects and justify cutting others. It's all politics, one way or another.

Sapper John and Cephus like this.
  4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I pick the ape, being that politics seems to always trump tactics or common sense. Since when have our politicians learned from their mistakes, unless it benefits their career or has some type of perk in it for themselves.

Seawolf1090 and Sapper John like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7