1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Book Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I just finished spending more money than I should have. The Solar Living Institute has a newsletter that concerns environmental issues and survival living. I have subscribed for some time for the Peak Oil news.

They have a good bookstore with several areas of interest.
    They are having a storewide sale until Thursday, 9 Nov., 10% - 50% off.

Thought I'd share.
    There are topics for all kinds of interests: survival gardening, re-newable energy, energy wise building etc. Don't forget to check out the Oil Depletion section. Some of these titles I have paid nearly twice as much for.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks MM.....

Much appreciated...!
  3. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Any titles that you found to be useful? How about ones that are better than others?

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I subscribe to the newsletter mostly for the Peak Oil stuff but there is one book in the "Food and Permaculture" section that I have and is very good. "Seed to Seed" tells how to harvest seed from this years crop for next years. Too many seeds today are hybrids and will not reproduce a second generation. So knowing how to harvest seeds year to year is crucial knowledge for any long term self suffeciency.

In the "Oil Depletion" section I would recommend "The Oil Age is Over" and the DVD/VHS " The End of Suburbia". Also "The Long Emergency" is a Peak Oil standard. I ordered, but haven't read, "Crossing the Rubicon". I have heard a lot of good things about it.
    I also ordered, "Twilight in the Desert" and "Petro-dollar Wars".
  5. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks, minuteman. I'll see what I can do about getting some of them.

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Thanks MM,

As if I don't have enough to read, there are a few gardening books that I want. Well, I guess I cans send the link to the wife and "hint" about some Christmas presents :D

Another book that I like about gardening is "Square foot gardening". I use this and I have noticed that I can get more out of my garden, and every year I try to incorporate more of the techniques. Next year, I'm going to try gowing some squash vertically :D. I've stayed away from the vineing plants because they always tend to take up too much space, but going vertical, now I've got to try that :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary