Boondock Saints I & II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wife chose boondocksaints II from netflix the other day..Had neverseen either before:what a great freakin' movie!! Humor tarantino-ish disjointed plot. I had to call up "1 on instant play tonight.[applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud]

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

3. melbo

oops, nevermind... lol I just checked out his last 10 posts. Did y'all bury him out back?

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"Hartage".. ( oh yeah who screwed with his avatar? "hard gay"??lol???)

:) Dat's me; day late and a dollar short...
    better late than never... Worth the watch anyway.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

LONG ago, has to be pushing up wild flowers by now.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

7. melbo

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Here's where that thought came from --
    "Now if you are convinced we need to take out the nut job shooters BEFORE they prove who they are by posing a clear and immediate threat, based simply on the fact that they own guns and are perceived to be unbalanced and irrational then I propose you go in the back yard, dig a hole, jump in and pull the dirt in on yourself." -- Blackjack said it I think.

Sure was a lively thread, had some seriously good thinking going on. (And some notsa.)

9. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Loved em' both.

10. pcc

pcc Monkey+

I liked BS 1 a little better than 2. Wish there weren't so much cussing in them so I could let the kids watch.

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

No one ever brought up the fact if us evil "gun nuts"
    turned on the crazy "gun nuts" as "hartage" suggested, what would that look like on the evening news? "Tonight at 7 another gunfight at the ok corral as responsible gun owners "retire " one of their own in the latest anti-crazy person attack"...
    Who will help these emotionally challenged?

And surely that wasn't his original avatar (was it?)

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

More likely the MSM would paint it as a gunfight between rival militia extremists........ [yukface]

13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Too funny.

hartage :rolleyes:. His antics sure brought out the bitch in me:oops:.

I've never seen either movie. Might have to change that. :)

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I love these movies!

"Now Rock....is everything Ooooobeee Kaybeee?"

LOL

15. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Loved both of them and loved how he left the possibility of a third one open at the end of two. Also recently saw From Paris with Love and thoroughly enjoyed that, haven't enjoyed a John Travolta flick in a long time and he was great in it!

16. K.AR-15

K.AR-15 Monkey+

ok, i'll be the voie of dissencion... i love B.S.1, and was way less than impressed with B.S.2...

<<<<<<<<<< WARNING POSSIBLE SPOLIER ALERT ! >>>>>>>>>>

they tried way to hard to capitalize on the rehashed humor form 1, i had no desire to see naked "saint's" asses, and i felt they drug el douche's bak story out a tad too long(or maybe i just have no interest in the way they tied it all in). as far s replacing rocco with the mexican fellow... WTF? it was poorly done. the mexican guy started off as kind of a loco badass street fighter on the boat crossing the oean, half way into the movie he'd turned into the bumbeling fool of a comic relief that rocco had been in the 1st movie... needless to say i liked the movie a lot more when the premis was a la the blue brothers whole we're on a mission from god(and i'm not even religious it just makes a good story) now that they're venturing into the whole conspiracy crap(both from el douche and his ex parteners backstory, and with agent paul smecker and the other FBI chick) i really lost a whole lot of interest... it's not that i can't keep up with the story(well part of the el douche story bored me to where i lost track of part of what was going on), but rather that i watch this type of movie to exape a bit from my normal tinfoil hat wearing paranoid existance. the last thing i need is to be exposed to even more conspiracy theory crap(fictional or not). i can watch the glenn beck show and see plenty of real life conspiracys being exposed, i don;t need all of that in my action based shoot 'em up thrillers...

K.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Perhaps I should watch it again more critically; I saw 2 before ever seeing 1 and had no hint of the plot or characters. I thought the FBI chick in the cowboy hat and colts was a pretty cool surreal scene ("cinematography" wise). Didn't realize I iwas commenting on a cult classic...

18. K.AR-15

K.AR-15 Monkey+

my biggest issue really with the movie is that they basically rehashed the first in many ways and then added the whole conspiracy crap. least that's the way i saw it...

ETA: if you haven't you need to find and watch 1, if you liked 2 at all you should love 1!..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7