Bought a 1981 Set of Encyclopedia Brittanica

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by GOG, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Now that Covid restrictions have lifted, the local public library is finally reopening the coffee shop/used bookstore (most of the staff were retired/elderly volunteers). I was in there the other day and the coffee was good, but the selection of books in the used bookstore was fantastic, especially the DIY books that could be useful additions to a prepper's library. There was also a selection of movies on DVD and VHS, and all at reasonable prices. Y'all should check it out!

SB21, GOG and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Good idea. I always look at the local thrift store and Goodwill, too; besides the garage sales.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    SB21, Brokor, 3cyl and 1 other person like this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Here's another chapter to the Encyclopedia story. They were shipped in three boxes but only two ever arrived. The last six or eight books never showed, so I found the last eight for sale and bought them. Unfortunately they're a decade earlier, but there's a two book overlap.
    So the info will be old, but it won't be as twisted as today's deranged garbage.

SB21 and Dunerunner like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

USPS lost a box of vintage how to books I sent my son,
    still no compensation.

SB21, Dunerunner and GOG like this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Of course. USPS gets worse daily.

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I strongly believe that the USPS hiring guidelines include the requirement that prospective employees be illiterate!

GOG and 3cyl like this.
  7. Gray Bear

Gray Bear Monkey+++

In our area, they're completely garbage. You never know when your stuff will arrive. It's a crapshoot. I ordered a calendar one year, in November for the upcoming year.

It arrived in mid-May. No explanation offered, blank stares when you bring it up.
    Typical government workers.

SB21 and GOG like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Recently, I purchased a couple of books for my prepper library, Readers Digest 'Crafts & Hobbies' and a Popular Science book 'The Complete Book of Power Tools'. Only about $5 each from the Public Library Book Store.

GOG likes this.
  1. Bandit99
  2. ED GEiN
  3. Marvin L. Steinhagen
  4. survivalmonkey
  5. Motomom34
  6. survivalmonkey
  7. 3M-TA3
  8. Witch Doctor 01
  9. duane
  10. Halvist
  11. survivalmonkey