Bowe Bergdahl

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CaboWabo5150, Jun 8, 2014.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The kid is a (very small) pawn in a much bigger game. Bringing the kid home gave bammy a fig-leaf to hide behind as he negotiated with terrorists. CONgress will do nothing about this (latest) extra-constitutional move by the Won,

I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop - if nothing else, it's knocked the most recent of many scandals, about the VA, off the news cycle. For now.

Sapper John and Brokor like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Does it bother anyone that special forces rescued hm and yesterday 5 SF were killed by friendly fire. Putting my tin-foil hat on now. Memories of Bin Laden and the Seal chopper.

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Bin Laden and the Seal Chopper were two instances, out of hundreds, that happened in the Timeline of a WAR.... There will be Many Such Instances, that happen in ANY War Timeline.... To link them, in any "Cause and Effect" way is to mis-understand what Real War, is REALLY Like, for those in Combat.
    The Seal Chopper Instance was a Taliban Setup, that our Command didn't pick up, on until after it was to late. Our Command sent those Troops, in choppers that were NOT what they normally Deploy In, and then, Our Command didn't think that the LZ needed to be Prep'ed, before the chopper went in. It was a hastily conceived Operation, based on very Limited, and WRONG Intel, and a Total mis-calculation of the enemy's Strength, Position, and Capabilities.
    Those particular Taliban were made to PAY for this raid, later on, in the Timeline. None of them, will ever breath, again, as SEALs do NOT forget, or forgive, such instances..... ......

Yard Dart, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@BTPost so I can take my tinfoil hat off?

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

At your own peril, Motomom......[sarca]

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I just wanted to interject about people calling for his death. If he is tried and found guilty of desertion, he most certainly would not be executed. Since the civil war there has been only one serviceman ever executed, Eddie Slovik in 1945. And his punishment was given as life in prison but it took a presidential decree to give hom the death sentence. Eisenhower, IIRC, wanted an example made of him. There is no one in DC from POTUS on down that has the balls to make that call. So anyone calling for his death haven't got aclue what they are talking about.

Motomom34, BTPost and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  7. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Remove the tin foil hat ? Hell no !! I'm adding a chin strap to mine !!

(The views and opinions expressed on this reply are soley those of CaboWabo5150. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of SurvivalMonkey.com, the SurvivalMonkey admins, and/or any/all contributors to this site.)

The SEAL chopper incident was an orchestrated preplanned "house cleaning" designed by the CIA, and executed by the Taliban to remove any eyewitness accounts that the Bin Laden raid was a staged show. The U.S. had been a laughing stock for years with the inability to find one old man hooked up to a dialysis machine, and needed a victory to show the U.S. population. Bin Laden died of natural causes on June 26, 2006.

Additional note about the tin foil. While I laugh off most conspiracy theories, I do acknowledge that in almost every single one, there is a tiny shred of truth. And it is that tiny shred of truth that should make people start asking questions.

Oh yeah, And of course, there is NO proof to any claims written in this reply :)

Yard Dart and oldawg like this.
  8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I can provide the explanation for why he was promoted. When I read the brief on him while a staff officer at USFOR-A, he was classified as DUSTWUN (DUty Status, Whereabouts UNknown). For someone in this status, all pay accrues and promotions continue.

There is absolutely no confusion on the Army's part about whether he deserted based on the investigation that was done at the time--it was in the brief. The only question is whether they want the black eye of admitting it.

Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Attached Files:

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That is indeed the tough thing to tell... and could be photo shopped to meet whatever agenda someone has. It could have just as easy been John Kerry (whom I vigorously dislike) in that photo. The only one that knows for sure is bergdahl and the guy that took the pic.

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7