Boycott NFL November 12, 2017- Veterans Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

A movement has started and people are calling for folks to boycott the NFL on Veterans Day. Seems appropriate to me. Please pass along and join others who plan on boycotting these spoiled millionaires that have chosen to turn entertainment into a political statement.

nfl-boycott-1.

For more reading- VIDEO Boycott NFL November 12 Growing – Anti American NFL Panic – Dr Seuss – Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity Interview

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

No problem, I've been boycotting for years now!

3. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

That's crazy! My completely a-political husband (we're football nuts around here) stopped watching the Sunday after Trump's tweet (no, he's not so excited about Trump getting involved in this, either). I asked him today when he thinks we can start watching again, he said we'll watch on Veterans' Day and if anyone kneels, we're done this year. I suspect it's because we're second generation. Most US citizens don't get how great our nation really is. If you make $38k annually, you're in the one percent world wide. We're safe walking down the street naked in the middle of the night in 90 percent of this country because of the police those morons detest; and the ten percent where it isn't safe are controlled by the people these idiots want to put in charge. I think when they stood for "God Save the Queen" but not the national anthem puts a nail in that coffin for my husband. A year ago, if you would have said my husband was giving up the NFL, I would have said you were crazy.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Why only November 12? Why not every game?

I have been all over the world, you are right probably around 90 to 95% of Americans have now idea how good we have it and how much of a toilet the rest of the world can be.

Zimmy, 3M-TA3, Mountainman and 6 others like this.
  5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I think my husband wants to just leave for a bit to register discontent. Then if they haven't gotten their act together by Veterans' Day, eff 'em.

Zimmy, 3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

I have been boycotting the NFL this entire century (no TV). I see no reason to change now.

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think you are correct. I know many who are upset with the kneeing and such but they still tune in to watch the games. Many look forward to football season and just cannot give it up.

3M-TA3, Seepalaces and Tully Mars like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

We love football and I love my Broncos, but enough of this BS. We no longer have sat tv, NFL package, nor do we knowingly buy from NFL sponsors. I listen to Dave Logan call the game on I heart radio.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I never watch any ballgame, period. Never buy their overhyped and overpriced merchandise.
    If the NFL failed and went totally out of business, I wouldn't really notice.

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I enjoy F-ball, so does the wife. I'm in, I'm boycotting for all the games that fall on holidays too! Too much TV time instead of family time on feast days anyway.
    IMG_1399.JPG

11. duane

duane Monkey+++

Got rid of the sports package and don't watch anymore. Found out after a few weeks that I don't really miss it and have no intention of spending the money on it again even if they all sing the National Anthem. Don't honestly know why I did get so sucked into it.

Zimmy, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I quit watching last year - had a bad case of IBS - you know - something in the colin......

13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Never watched sports. Boycott? No problem.

14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've been boycott practicing for about 10 years now, maybe by November , I'll have it perfected. :ROFLMAO:

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I get that, over paid babies playing a game, and now political whining! The reason I like the game is the level of athleticism the big babies show. More than any other sport IMHO. Also, I like seeing quarterbacks getting run over!

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  16. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Oh, and one more thing? Unanticipated effect of the NFL anthem thing? See this picture? This is a random crowd shot after my son's homecoming game. Our school colors are orange and black. There are more kids wearing red, white, and blue than their school colors at their homecoming game. upload_2017-10-10_20-15-14.

17. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Amen been boycotting for almost 46 years

OldDude49 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

wish we could talk one of the stations into running all day John Wayne movies

19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Get a ROKU. Tons of them on.

Seepalaces and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Had a chance to meet him while he was playing for the Tide. A fine young man who was very well spoken and impressed with his maturity for someone his age. He is very well thought of in this area.

Seepalaces likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7