Brad Pitt says it's "in our DNA" as Americans to own guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ditch witch, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

This surprised me.

Brad Pitt talks gun control, says it's 'in our DNA' as Americans to own one

Gina DiFalco
    9/10/2012
    Brad Pitt is speaking out about his view on owning a gun, and reveals that he needs to have one in his home to protect himself and his family.
    The veteran actor, 48, simply says he “doesn’t feel safe” without a gun and that his right to have one is ''in our DNA” as U.S. citizens.
    ''America is a country founded on guns. It's in our DNA. It's very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don't feel safe, I don't feel the house is completely safe, if I don't have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong,” he told The Daily Mail.
    He continued, “I got my first BB gun (a type of air gun) when I was in nursery school. I got my first shotgun by first grade (aged six), I had shot a handgun by third grade (aged eight) and I grew up in a pretty sane environment.”
    The Killing Them Softly star contributed to the conversation about gun control, saying “To turn around and ask us to give up our guns... I don’t know, we’re too afraid that we’re going to give up ours and the bad guys are still going to get theirs. It’s just in our thinking. I’m telling you, we don’t know America without guns.’

Also see Brad Pitt defends gun laws | Daily Dish | an SFGate.com blog

Conagher and Tracy like this.
  2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I don't really like Angelina Jolie but I like his answer. It seems a little political at points but he is a really big name and its good to have him on our side.

It's also worth pointing out that they wrote he was "defending gun laws" which is wrong, he was defending guns. I'm sure that's no accident.

mysterymet and Brokor like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Yeah I caught that. I think it took 'em by surprise that he went that route given he's pretty left leaning in general. And I agree, it's nice to have an A lister on our side. I mean, yay Pat Sajac and Tom Selleck but in Hollywoodese they're not too relevant. But Pitt? That's Hollywood gold right there. Plus Bruce Willis... I'm wondering if now that some heavies have come out against gun control, if we'll see some of the lightweights finally grow a set and step up as well.

It's funny to catch the comments from the anti's on those articles tho... the same people who would have praised him if he'd come down saying they were evil are now "Well who listens to a middle aged man who dyes his hair anyway!!!!!!!!1!!" hah!

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I know, right? I kinda doubt it, though. Even Sheen seemingly became sheepish on the Piers Morgan show, perhaps due to his recent blacklisting from his other rants and raves. Who knows, maybe more will come to the front? I wish Charlie would have chugged some Tiger's blood before that interview, though.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7