Brand new here...Howdy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sleeveless_gunkey, Mar 26, 2023.

1. How's it going, monkeys? I'm a former Californian turned Iowan that was lucky enough to stumble upon a nice house with a decent amount of land. I'm accompanied by my new wife and our two bearded-dragons, Goober and Booger. I spent 6 years in the Air Force reserves with 2 deployments, but have no pretenses of being any kind of veteran badass. I'm mostly looking for any guidance as a prospective homesteader and survival prepper. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom, or direction towards tools that you find helpful. Glad to be here!

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

E komo mai and mahalo for your service.

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Welcome to the tree and thank you for your service.

Equipment depends on the land use, but as I get older I've found tractors and trailers sure make life easier than dragging stuff or pushing a wheelbarrow. Same with saws. My tiny little 7" chain saw out there on at the end of a nine foot pole looks silly, but I'm well out of range of the chain, and I'm standing firmly on the ground all the time.

You'll find lots of recommendations and opinions here. My favorite equipment topic is lighting. I have a fondness for pressurized gasoline and fire. Hit the search feature first, and then ask away with the questions. We like questions, and pictures if something isn't easy to explain.

Dunerunner, SB21 and Seepalaces like this.
  4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Hola!! Welcome!

Dunerunner, SB21 and hot diggity like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Welcome to the tree ,,, look in the resources section for enough info on about any area of surival preparedness you want .

Dunerunner and hot diggity like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Welcome aboard. Glad you are here!

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey... The membership is knowledgeable and friendly. Thank you for your service to our country and again, Welcome!

8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your service!

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome Aboard, 20 year Air Force RotorHead here!
    Lifetime "Prepped" and self sufficient as much as possible! Tons of knowledge to be found here, and even a few not so grumpy monkeys to bounce things off of!

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Who you calling grumpy?! [flag]
    Welcome @sleeveless_gunkey !!

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well there is always that “Stumpy, Old Fart, Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey” who has been known as a Grump, on occasion…

SB21, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  12. Horsegal

Horsegal Monkey

Thank you for your service!

Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

HA, Which Monkey do you refer, I was not aware of any ONE monkey who fit the entire statement above, Curious as I know a few who fit other apelets quite neatly, but never so many! LOL

Peace, Love, and Good Happiness Stuff @BTPost :D

Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just ask AlaskaChick…

SB21, Ura-Ki and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Aw, NOBODY ever accused you of such things, certainly not here in our fair shady tree!

16. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Just remember you are a refugee not a missionary. We don’t need to californicate iowa. What part of the state?

Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Welcome

Ura-Ki likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7