*Breaking News* New Orleans Mayor says ""God Mad a

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Jan 16, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

New Orleans Mayor Says God Mad at U.S.
    Jan 16 4:51 PM US/Eastern
    Email this story

By BRETT MARTEL
    Associated Press Writer

NEW ORLEANS

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community _ black folks I'm talking about _ is ourselves.'"

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

He's right! Hurricanes are the scourge of the black peoples, so I did some research and found that Africa is never hit with a hurricane, maybe he could move there! [peep]

3. E.L.

Make it a federal prison, kill two birds with one stone.

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Na, he ain't worth the tax payers money. I am interested in where he is going to get his re-election votes considering that half his "black" population is off in other cities raping and pilaging "white" neighborhoods?

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It flashed on my MT head that he has misinterpreted God's intent. Why would it not be that God is mad at the denizens of NO, not at the US? Seems a bit more likely that pestilence and trials would be sent to a center of troubles to His mind. Can't help but wonder why no one in the mainstream has said that. Not very PC, I suppose. [troll] [peep]

6. E.L.

Not to mention that they "mayor" lives in Dallas with his wife and kids. He bought a home there shortly after the hurricane.

And no, he won't be elected for any position in Dallas.

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well I could see it being a punishment to the rest of the country, after all the rest of the country all now has to deal with what the huricanes scattered from NO to the rest of the country.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7