Breeds of guard/watch dogs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Mar 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Right now, my first pick would be a black standard poodle. I met one once, in the dark, and when it smiled it scared the holy crap out of me. Glistening white teeth in the dark. Hoooo, still gives me chills to remember that 25 years ago. Then, I'd like a German Shepherd, except for the hair. I also worry about their ability to survive harsh weather; that's why I keep coming back to the shepherd.

2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Well it has been while since I have visited the tree.
    Knowing one day this day would come I dreaded facing the reality that one day my rottweiler BIG MOMMA would pass!!,
    So while I was out of town in November Big momma was taken in ND laid to rest !

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Its a special kind of grief.

4. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

We've buried a lot of our best dog friends and it never gets easy. They are members of our family, sleep in our bed and join us for walks in the evenings. I feel your pain and remember the wonderful friends that will be there to greet me when I get to the great beyond. My wife has a picture frame with a photo of one of our babies that reads, "dogs leave paw prints on our hearts." Ain't that the truth!

5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Mals are hard to train but good dogs. Get ahold of a mal club we started the K9 we trained for another dept at about a year and he was working by 18 months.

6. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Black Mouth Curs for us! Smart, tenacious, strong, and fearless. A little too smart for their own good at times. Can't say enough good about them.

Jim

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

This is my baby Blue
    blue.
    and these are 4 of his little big brothers and sisters.
    L-R: some lazy dipstick, Thor, the runt Puggle, Buffy, my attack cat (an attack kitten in this pic), Bailey, another Puggle...and Bandit...we have no idea what she is (the shelter we got HER from said HE was a Dachshund/German Shephard mix).
    dan_animals.

and finally, the brains of the bunch, Sadie the Sheltie
    sadie.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sorry to hear about your Rottweiler passing.

KAS likes this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

found her and her siblings in the bushes back in 2007...their momma had been run over by a car. Their eyes were still shut and they were full of fleas. My wife picked her, others in the office took the others. For the first month I had to take her to work with me so I could feed her formula with a dropper and try to litter train her.

kitten1.

Can't believe she's almost 9 years old already. She likes to sleep in front of my gun safe...gotta get through her to get my guns. ;)

buffy_rug.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7