Briefcase for a takedown AR case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lancer, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Anyone ever made one from an off the shelf briefcase?
    There's lots of takedown cases available, but - they look like luggage. I want a real live briefcase version. Specifically for a 16" threaded barrel, and attached optics.

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Gonna be rather difficult with a 16" barrel unless you have a quick change option for said barrel. A side folder set up the stock would also help, but you could probably get by without that.

Ura-Ki and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Squash case for a AR Pistol is about the best I could say to get.
    or a Tennis case. Be sure and get one that says WILSON.
    [​IMG]

4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

my AR15 pistol would fit in a brief case with an interior dimension of 11.5" X 17" if in 2 pcs. There would be room for 4 magazines as well.

Dont, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

With the price of conversions to make the standard AR small enough to fit in a usable quick to deploy case like a briefcase, I would fine the papers and pay the tax and go SBR and be good for any thing. My descrete carry rifle is one of three, a H-K Mod 53 SBR, a FN-P90 SBR. Or a Very trick AR Surbu Side charger, with 10.5 inch barrel and side folder stock! Those three will fit most briefcases, or a messenger bag and be completly ready to deploy with out any fuss, (Other then the H-K,) even with a charged mag in the mag well! Still need to find a 10 rounder for that as a ready mag!

Tully Mars, duane and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7