Britain leaves the EU

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by AD1, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

IF the brits leave...tptb still have ways to stop it. I understand Parliament has the power to stop it, and there are already people calling for do-over referendum.

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This is from a newsletter I follow. Before the vote and after

[​IMG]

June 23, 2016

On November 11, 1947, Winston Churchill, then ex-Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, rose to speak at a debate in the House of Commons:
    “Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise.
    Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time;
    but there is the broad feeling in our country that the people should rule, continuously rule, and that public opinion, expressed by all constitutional means, should shape, guide, and control the actions of Ministers who are their servants and not their masters.
    This may be the perfect summation of what democracy is supposed to be.
    And western nations-- particularly the US and UK-- have been champions of ‘democracy’ around the world (though they typically mean ‘republic’).
    Now, today the voters of the United Kingdom go to the polls to decide whether or not their country will remain in the European Union.
    This is about as democratic as it gets-- direct voting by the people to choose their fate.Or so they claim.
    In reality, each side has had a long, drawn out campaign to influence the outcome.
    The ‘leave’ leadership has been scaring voters with horrific stories of evil brown people who will infiltrate the United Kingdom should the country remain in the EU.
    I mean, I’ve seen more subtle propaganda coming out of North Korea.
    Meanwhile the ‘remain’ side has been threatening eternal economic damnation and financial Armageddon.
    Most of the political and media establishment falls in the ‘remain’ camp, so this is where the propaganda becomes painfully obvious.

The IMF, for example, published a report recently suggesting that Britain leaving the EU would permanently lower incomes in the United Kingdom.
    Really? Permanently?

So if voters choose to leave the EU, then the UK, which traces its sovereignty back more than 1,000 years and once had an empire so vast they ruled the entire world, will never be able to recover forever and ever until the end of time…?
    We’re honestly supposed to believe that a few decades within the European Union has irrevocably thwarted Britain’s 1,000 year history in being able to achieve economic growth independently?
    Or that Iceland (not a member of the European Union) can do it, but the UK cannot?
    Or that a bunch of IMF bureaucrats can see decades, let alone centuries into the future with 100% certainty?
    This is such blatant scaremongering, they’re not even pretending to be professional and unbiased. And this is direct from one of the top financial agencies in the world.
    Clearly these people truly love democracy and embrace the idea of voters independently determining their own fate.
    The British government (firmly in the ‘remain’ camp) has been using taxpayer funds to support its cause, which is really bizarre when you think about it.
    If you’re British, even if you want to vote ‘leave’, the government has been using your money to influence your vote in the other direction.

One of the most absurd scare tactics has been telling people that they’ll lose visa-free travel rights to the European continent if the UK leaves the EU.This is completely absurd.
    Nicaragua has visa-free travel to Europe. Paraguay has visa-free travel to Europe. Are we really supposed to believe that Brits will be shut off from the continent?
    They’ve rolled out every possible threat, every human emotion, every celebrity they can find, to influence voters.
    In fact, these people love democracy so much they even had Barack Obama fly in to explain to British voters why they should remain in the EU.
    (Because, of course, Mr. Obama would willingly hand over US sovereignty to a pan-American political commission based in Mexico City…)
    Whichever side wins, it’s clear that no one in power gives a damn what voters want.
    Despite having waged wars in foreign lands to ‘make the world safe for democracy’ and despite all the song and bombastic speech about your freedom, they have no respect for your right to self-determination, or even their own electoral system.
    All they care about is getting their own way.
    And they’re willing to engage in the most vile propaganda and blatant manipulation to do so.
    This is a pitiful excuse for the democracy they claim to love so much.
    And I’m not sure how long a road it is from here, to how Josef Stalin was quoted in his former secretary’s 1982 memoirs:
    “Comrades, you know,” said Stalin, “I think that it’s totally irrelevant who votes, and how they vote. It’s extremely important who counts the votes, and how they’re counted.”
    I suppose we’ll find out in a few more hours.

Until tomorrow,

[​IMG]

Simon Black

Founder, SovereignMan.com

Then this after the vote;

I’ve never been so happy to be so wrong.

Britain’s referendum on whether or not to stay part of the European Union was marred by some of the most blatant propaganda we’ve seen in the West in a very, very long time.
    But… at the end of the day, the British government at least accurately counted the votes. No shenanigans.
    “Leave” prevailed. So the UK will officially be leaving the European Union.
    This has led to some unprecedented moves in the financial markets.
    The pound is at its cheapest level in decades. High quality British companies are now trading for extraordinary discounts.
    Investors are panic-selling because they don’t know what’s going to happen next.
    Britain has been part of the EU for four decades, and now that’s coming to an end.
    Nothing scares people more than their fear of the unknown.
    In fact, for decades, the political, media, and financial establishments have been pushing people along a very clear path that they wanted us to follow.
    Elections always represented the illusion of choice between establishment candidates and their establishment policies.
    This referendum, just like the surge of candidates like Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, constitute a major revolt.

Simply put, this wasn’t part of the plan. So the system is in complete panic.

This is a huge opportunity, especially for foreign investors who have an unprecedented chance to pick up high quality British assets on the cheap.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

4. Minuteman

I was in Londinistan a couple of years ago. It is little Karachi. You can't find a taxi driver that is not a foreigner. And most barely speak English. Only the traditional Black taxi's are chauffeured by English drivers. They cost a bit more but worth it. We had reservations for a dinner theater and got in the taxi. The driver was an Afghani and didn't know where the place was, after driving around for an hour we had him let us off at a tube station. We lost our reservation. That was the last time. From then on we either hired a limo or waited for a black cab.

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Always a "Black Cab" ALWAYS !! Im from there & know the crap .
    Same as in YVR , pull starts can waste your time , doing the same thing !
    I lived there & the F-head gave lip to me as where he didn't know. , Bang rear door opened & pull the f-over NOW !
    I travel with GPS in my pocket , all over the world .
    Just saw F1 in Russia .
    Ain't no difference in USA , Chicago was bad.

sloth

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Seepalaces like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

The comments on this article tell the tale.
    It would appear that the majority of our cousins across the pond hold the same opinion as I do with regards to the Chimp in Chief. They are getting a taste of how many of us felt when British rockers and movie stars kept telling us how we should vote back in '08.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It puts A LOT of hard working folks out of work.
    Rig hands, Welders, Truck drivers, office people. Want to see what it does? Look up the rig counts in North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana from 3 yrs and go and compare them to today's. Go back and look at the counts for Colorado, Wyoming,Utah and New Mexico in '04 and compare them to spring of '08. Most people only care about "cheap gas". What about the 10's of thousands of lives that are effected when the limp wristed granola munchers have their way? It's NOT just the ones working in the oil patch. The money they make, they spend. They give Momma that new house she's always wanted, buy their kids things, maybe buy a new truck, the list is endless. When I was in Colorado and ND I watched new businesses spring up everywhere. Hotels, shopping, restaurants, garages, housing. At one point the Wal Mart in Williston was 100 employees short. Product was just left on pallets in the isle because they couldn't get it out fast enough. Domino's pizza was offering 20 dollars an hour to deliver pizzas. Truck drivers were making 40 dollars an hour to haul rock for road maintenance/new roads. New rock quarries were opened to feed that need. As I said, the list goes on and on. This statement pisses me off every time I hear some idiot utter it because they either don't care, or have no clue that it's not just about "cheap gas". The oil field has been VERY good to me and my family. At one time or another I have worked on every continent, in some of the coolest places,some of the shittiest, and 80% of the time it was in the petrochemical industry. It's provided me a way to support my family, to help them get a good start in their lives. It's allowed me to be where I am today and I am very proud of that.

Gator 45/70, Ganado, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

.... just like raising minimum wage affect all other wages.

3M-TA3, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It's all good. They'll have a do over vote and make nice with their masters in Brussels. ;)
    Either that or the Irish and Scots will have their own brexit vote as well.

Exciting times.

Yard Dart, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Just keep re-voting until they get the desired result and then call it good. Kind of like re-counting votes in Washington State until the right Governor gets "elected"...

11. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

I wonder how long it will be before the global bankers retaliate against the rebellious goy? After all, the destruction of western goy civilization isn't supposed to be resisted.

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

The revolution will not be on the tele.

13537737_1046267805466080_746829865850357801_n.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  13. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

Nothing to not be proud of.....the powers that be don't care about you and your family, never have......you along with me and all the others who work and don't want taken care of are at the mercy of those people....CONTROL is the game, not you making good money and living nice....they will gladly bankrupt you to keep Control and move you into a minimum wage job to keep that Control.....I saw the Natural Gas Industry go completely BUST here in WV over the last 18 months.....Thousands fired....Halliburton had a Camp where I live for almost 40 years, in one fell swoop they shut it down in ONE day....everybody fired....gone....cya later....Weatherford, Baker, Schlumberger all gone......and moved all the equipment out, empty lots...and they could care less, they knew it was coming....One thing I see and have seen in the past is a lot of those workers spent it like it would never end.....and now.....house after house.....trucks, boats, Harleys and RV's for sale everywhere......and no end in site.....I know gas prices have to stay at a certain level to keep people working, but the powers to be don't give a chit....

14. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

I am all for GB leaving.....between now and elections in November we will see things that have never happened before and it will not be good...

15. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

And put him out of our misery?

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  16. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

So, now that we've all been distracted by the non-event (because it really is a non event as they haven't been a truly participating...ever), what's been going on behind the scenes? What have we missed? The stock market will recover within a couple of weeks. Oil has been all over the place for months and will continue to be for months. The exit may or may not actually happen due to Parliament. So what have they done while our attention was elsewhere (exactly according to plan)?

Yard Dart likes this.
  17. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Because having 15-50% of your laws passed by Brussels is not participating.

Altoidfishfins, ghrit, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lord, Please let the oilfield recover.
    I promise not to buy all the dumb s**t like I was buying!

19. Minuteman

Same old song! LOL! I saw a bumper sticker in the early '80s. "Please Lord, let there be another oil boom. I promise I won't piss it off this time."

oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Wait. What happened?[afro]

1. chelloveck
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Motomom34
  4. UncleMorgan
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Falcon15
  7. melbo
  8. rush81