Browning 1919a4

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Aug 27, 2005.

1. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

At today's surplus .308 prices that's over $200 a minute. I'd probably settle for a 10 or 15 second burst or two - that way I could still afford dinner and drinks afterward.

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I love the 1919A4. I wouldn't mind getting a few thousand .308 blanks just so I could make some noise evry now and then. The 1919 sits idle most of the time now. The nice thing about blanks is that with a little work, they can be trimmed and reloaded. Just take the BFA off the end, first!

The whole family likes to shoot the thing, and throughout the last couple of years it has changed forms a few times. One thing is certain, no matter how it is set up, it s still a 1919. As long as there is a belt full of ammunition, it will continue to propell them downrange.

The only problem I ever had with it was that one of my barrels got a little rusty inside because I shot some corrosive berdan surplus without knowing it. The next day I had to fire a couple of rounds out of it to polish off the rust. Still works good.

IM000607 (Small).JPG IM000611 (Small).JPG Picture1 620 (Small).

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Some things you just don't part with!! It is in safe keeping. And the tri-pod is for an MG-42. I bought one to go with it. Works awesome. I also have an adapter for the 1919 that allows you to use the remote trigger and periscope. I have an mg-42 anti-aircraft tri-pod that is adapted to 1919 that I use. Much more comfortable for an old fat man like me to stand and fire than to squat.
    I did have a 1919 in 7.62X54 but I sold it when I was out of work last year.
    They can have my belt feds when they pry them from my cold dead hand!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7