Budget Aimpoint 2MOA red-dot optic released

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Oct 19, 2014.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Yard Dart and stg58 like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Looks interesting. It would be interesting if LaRue would bundle their QD mount with these like they do with the PRO.

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I'd feel better about it if it had a "black dot" (etched reticle) for when the battery fails.

The optic may have a 10K hour run time off the battery but batteries do go bad from time to time.

No doubt it'll be a good choice anyway. [tongue]

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

10k hr battery life is certainly a point to consider . . . might be a reason to spend another couple C notes to get the other do-dads (e.g. quik-release mount, caps, filter) and quintuple your battery life. Depending on the setting, the manual for my CompM2 says 50,000 - 80,000 hrs. While 10k is just as outrageous as 80k to us now, if you're thinking after TEOTWAWKI batteries will be in finite supply, you might want something that squeezes out every last amp. After all, 10k hours is just over a year. 80k hours is a little over 9 years.

Comparatively, EOTech is from 600 - 1,100 hours. While a fine product, it was the deciding factor for me to go with Aimpoints.

These optics are all luxuries . . . but also "force multipliers." If I could have afforded ACOGS, that's what I would have. Still saving for my PVS-7 so I gotta spread the dough around.

Yard Dart and NotSoSneaky like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

no doubt it is a good scope. I have owned aimpoints before. However I hardly consider $383 a budget scope.

gunbunny and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7