Building a 500 gallon diesel tank trailer

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by oil pan 4, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

You got to frigging kidding !! You ain't seen me !!
    Folks move to the other side of the street !!
    ;)

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I static tested air tanks , filling with water then pressure testing.
    If there is a failure water will not compress so it is not explosive, but strait air becomes a bomb.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Ahh yes much better !!
    I have seen / felt / heard a heavy aircraft tire blow apart when the kid didn't lube the bead well and it seated at a test pressure , My ears were ringing for hrs and I wasn't even in the room , no one is allowed in the special area !
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

If you're storing that much fuel in a fixed location or parked on a trailer be aware of what weather could do to your tank. Just the thought gives me a shiver, thinking of the 5000 gallons of gasoline that started the Fuji Fire.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's just going to be a ground tank.
    I'm white and have money so all laws apply to me.

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and 3cyl like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm still seeing a lot of those 200 to 500 gallon trailer tanks, a good portion appear to be home made. They come out around planting and harvesting season.

8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I see those plastic totes around that time of year too, full of fuel sitting on a flat bed trailer with Harbor Freight ratchet straps holding it all in place. No one says you can't do it, but are you ready for the possible fines, or worse the civil suit when someone hits it and dies in a ball of flame? Or even worse you wreck and at a minimum get a healthy bill from the municipality for the clean up of the fuel spill? I keep fuel on hand but I haul it with a lowboy 100 gallon tank in the truck and I like that no one can see it with the tailgate up. I pump it into the 625 gallon above ground tank when I get home. So far, I rarely use all 625 in a year so I just make several trips along and along to top off.
    I figger pretty soon we'll be labeled terrorists for having fuel (and other things) stocked up.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Does anyone else get excited when they see a new chemical safety board video is out?
    I see a lot of trains round here carrying the shit that kills people in these videos so they are of some interest to me.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

It's the always pumpers fault.
    They missed one very important aspect of the investigation.
    Plungers don't shatter unless its ceramic plungers, Those crack and then shatter.
    What causes this? Heat from lack of fluid to keep them cool.
    This means there isn't an operational Level Safety Low on these suction tanks.
    The tanks were sucked dry that lead to the release of H2/S water.
    I should be paid for that information.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah we use ceramic piston pumps where I work.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Chemical safety board = very non woke, no pride.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7