Bulk Toilet Paper BULKTP.COM

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Catullus, Jan 25, 2012.

1. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I was keeping phone books too but I am wondering if the ink could be dangerous (i.e., cancer causing?). I remember a few years back we had coloured TP and after research was done, they were banned and we reverted to plain ol' white again. I believe the reason was that the dyes used in the colours and prints were discovered to be carcinogenic (I could be wrong about that). Do you think the phone books are safe...does anyone have any input on this?

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Just think before borrowing someone else's cell 'phone

Goodness grannie....you do come up with some very curious questions.

Although I have not managed to track down any medical literature about the health hazards of transference of printer ink onto to anal membranes, I did however discover some fascinating information, rather incidental to your question.

1. You will be relieved...if that is the approriate word for it....to know that it is relatively safe to read newspapers on the loo, even if it is an open question as to whether wiping your nether parts with them is also relatively safe to do.

However....using your mobile or reading a kindle, whilst in the process of eliminating, may be something a of a different matter.....

Is reading on the loo bad for you? | Books | guardian.co.uk

2. If your paranoia regarding getting newsprint on your nether parts is such that you want an alternative tried and tested method...I would suggest that you can't go past the Japanese Chuugi (#) (sometimes called a Kusobera...which literally means "sh1t spatula". Just beware of splinters....oh and by the way....a serviceable Chuugi could be improvised from a manicurist's emery board!!!

Chuugi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My 80somthing yo mother, child of the depression that she was, used printed paper up until the 1960's and her advice was that the tissue paper that enclosed apples and pears in green grocer's shops was prized beyond gold, and that the only paper that was ill suited to the task...was from glossy magazines...and...carbon paper!!!

.....................................................................................

Edit: The Japanes word chuugi...also means loyalty....which would seem to exemplify the purpose of the implement...a stickability stick. : O

http://www.stockkanji.com/Loyalty_chuugi

EUdict | chuugi | Japanese-English dictionary

(#) I could not find any reference to the word Kusobera in any online reference, other than the site, cited, meaning "sh1t spatula".... as they say....YMMV (Chello)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Your prepper customer base is apt to be way smaller than commercial operations. Any plans for smaller packaging and drop ships in out of the way places? Hypothesizing a bit, quarter pallets of TP topped with other useful stuff. Even a family of four would likely not want a whole pallet of TP unless they were on a farm with more barn than needed.

The problem I see with mass quantities is that for most of us in the lifestyle, follow on sales are going to be problematic.

4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Hahaha, Chello! You do come up with some curious answers!!!!!

Loved your post....I am assuming that the Japanese do not ever, ever have hemorrhoids? Wooden spatulas, ouch!!!

Well, if the SHTF, I guess my time on earth will be very limited as I will soon run out of my meds and the Grim Reaper will visit - so it's not going to matter if I use carcinogenic phone books or not, lol.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Don't throw that wooden spatter spatula away!

I hope that the Grim Reaper doesn't come knocking too soon, be it armageddon or any other lesser event. If he does...that wooden spatter spatula may just make him think twice!!!

6. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

I was thinking the same thing. I am coming up right now with price calculations for 1-10 cases of 96/case toilet paper. Also, I was thinking about making a mixed "prepper" pallet that would have a variety of things on it. The "blue" packets that portable toilet companies use would be quite useful. You basically just add them to water and voila you have a place to "go". Also, useful would be hand sanitizer, soap, etc... by the gallon.

Sapper John likes this.
  7. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

bulktp.com new site is going up now. What do you guys think???

8. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Single Case Prices are up.

$39.99/case delivered anywhere in the Continental US (sorry BTPost!)

Specs:
    2-ply Household Roll Tissue
    96 rolls/case
    Embossed and Wrapped

www.bulktoiletpaper.com

9. ghrit

Brand?

10. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Its my brand. It is NOT a virgin fiber like Charmin.

However, it is 100% Recycled and Made in USA. In my TP exert opinion I would say it is of slightly lesser quality than a Scott 1000 Roll. Better than a lot out there. It is made at a privately owned paper mill in Michigan.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey, I live on the North American Continent.... and actually I do live on
    North American Mainland, and in theory one could Walk, from any place
    down there in the FlatLands, to here..... It is just that last 250 Miles that
    would KILL You off, as it is ALL Alaska Wilderness, with NO ROADS, or TRAILS.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Bump for the new Monkeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ghrit

OK, put me down for a case, household standard core, shipping to 18834. I'll run up a review after it gets here. If it doesn't suit my nether regions, the gun club can use it. (Tush does NOT like Scotts all that well, it likes Northern 2 or 3 ply.) Will continue this by PM when I hear back from you.

14. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Survival Monkey Member Toilet Paper Special

Survival Monkey Member Special

Any Silver Eagle or Pre 1964 silver dollar will get you 96 rolls of 500 2-ply delivered anywhere in the lower 48.

1/2oz Gold=25 cases (2400 rolls) 2-ply delivered anywhere in the lower 48

1oz Gold= 50 cases (4800 rolls) 2-ply delivered anywhere in the lower 48.

PM if interested.

Thanks

15. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea Those NJ Politicos need a lot more TP to wipe the BS off their A**es........ YMMV....

Cephus and Catullus like this.
  17. ghrit

Case arrived today, too late for an evaluation until tomorrow. Thanx, Cat.

[boozingbuddies]

ETA
    Alrighty then. The product is "Priceless - Facial Quality Bathroom Tissue" comes in 96 count case, individually wrapped rolls. (I am not counting the number of sheets on a roll, and the kids don't live with me to delegate the count.) Roll diameter is smaller than my standard Northern, but that probably doesn't tell much about how long a roll will last in comparison.

The paper is dimple embossed, single ply, the dimples add bulk to the rolls, which handle as tho' soft. The dimples provide a smooth side and one that is a bit rougher, but no where near sandpaper roughness. I guess you could say both sides are hemmie friendly.

The sheets are slightly wider than standard northern tissue, and half an inch or so shorter, so if you have a long grip, you will have to adapt. Commercial size is what I'd call it, as found in airports and the like. The idea of saving trees seems to be the goal with that size/shape, but I'd make a small bet it increases the number of sheets used by most folks. Single ply likely also contributes to more sheets per use where absorbency counts, but I didn't test for that.

Strong enough as well. Tears properly at the perforations, and no more so off the perfs than my standard, a good thing.

Opinion: Good stuff, suitable for regular use, not just putting by for SHTF. Far, far better than the run of the mill industrial sandpaper or wax paper substitutes found in the more common commercial places. Do business with Cat if quantity is to your liking.

I'm going to pass out a few rolls at the gun club and try for some more feedback.

[boozingbuddies]

Catullus likes this.
  18. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Monkey+

I'm curious about pallet deliveries. How do you ship? Are residential deliveries OK?

Catullus likes this.
  19. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

A pallet order would have to come on a 53' tractor trailer. There is a $100 liftgate fee charge if you don't have a dock to unload onto.

20. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Thank you!

:)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7