Bullet Proofing for Cheap. Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BadSCR, Apr 30, 2009.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What you are suggesting is a far cry from defending one's self - you are advocating several crimes on both a state and federal level - assault and battery, kidnapping and crossing the state line in the commission of a crime. Our community does not condone suggestions such as the one you have just made. Our CoC is very clear on that.

2. BadSCR

BadSCR Monkey+++

LOL, but NO.

If I think it is illegal I Will not do it.

LOL,
    How many Restraining Orders will it take to get him kicked out of the state?
    Can I start a partition and get him kicked out of the state?

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Are you sure that's what you mean???????????

4. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

you need 1 - 2 footlayer of sand, put it on wheels in a box with a slide for viewing and pussssshhhhhh.

and ditto what righthand said

So maybeifyou catch him and waterboard aconfessionfrom him, that he indeed intended you harm.Thenyou can park yourbattleshipoffhiscoast?

"A fight was never won on the defense." Russiawon a few victories with defense, care to address that one? And The army of Virginia did too.

5. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I bet you meant to type "If I think it is illegal, I won't do it."

We just wanted some clarification on that.......:rolleyes:

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Simple answer:
    Trespass the jerk.
    Once he is trespassed and returns it's an automatic 30 days here in Arizona...But laws differ from state to state.
    Generally, on the 2nd time, he is forced to go before a judge and can be either jailed for a minimum of 1 year or institutionalized for 1 year or longer.
    The park where you live has an "on site" manager?
    They can have the police remove the individual as a trespasser.
    They have the law on their side, and the courts.
    Beats the heck out of living in fear, and having to put in security systems and bullet proofing. And cheaper and faster too!
    But then I have a similar problem, and I have to deal with illegals and the local PD refuses to even come in my park now.
    So, I do what ever I have to, and always "within the law".
    Now, you might be surprised what kind of "help" a 30 pack case of cold beer will buy you....For instance 3-4 really big bikers that live down the road, that will instill GREAT fear into people, just by their parking their hogs in my driveway!
    It really works!
    These guys are local bouncers and they get everyone's attention....my manager waited until they left and then came over and asked if there was any problem...!
    I told him NO, no problem, they are my NEW friends, and they are not at all happy that people broke into my car!
    Since that time, no one comes on the property,.....gee go figure!
    Think about that!
    Make fear your friend, and then use it to your advantage!

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

1 more thing:
    DO NOT even think about some types of devices you may find on the internet...Long before I even knew about the internet, I had a run in with some local druggies near downtown Phoenix....
    Now, having been in the military and a few other areas, I was well versed in certain things one can do to "protect" one's self.
    Most of those are NOT considered to be defensive, but offensive and thereby illegal.
    Some are downright lethal.
    My advice:
    Don't go there!
    It will cost you in one form or another.
    I know.
    I was charged, but not convicted, but I was sure concerned, as I was looking at a minimum of 18 years, for 9 possible felony charges.
    ( I was lucky with a L/E background!)
    To this very day I have to fill out the paperwork each year I re-register as a Private Investigator here.
    It is locked forever in the local DPS computer, and I have to get it signed off on, every time I renew my licensing.
    In Glendale Arizona, a friend of mine and co-worker, was in the news some time back. They referred to him as "Rambo".
    He was sick and tired of the neighbor "hoods", so he mined his front and backyard's with "boobytraps".
    Well, he had to remove them as the PD would not set foot on his property.
    he ended up serving a year in the pokey, and 5 years on probation.
    He is now a convicted felon and you know what that means!
    So, by all means, keep it safe and sane, and above all LEGAL!

8. BadSCR

BadSCR Monkey+++

LOL

If I think it is illegal, I Will Not do it."
    I will only do what is LEGAL.

There will be no boobytraps of any type.

9. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Is there a way to give him a "gift" with a radio locator? [troll]

10. BadSCR

BadSCR Monkey+++

He would just pawn it for drugs.

I have thought of it,
    Put one in his scooter but he no longer has it.

There is a small program that when you text his cell phone AND when he replies back to it, The program would give you his GPS where he was when he text you back. But not much good and I don't think he has a phone anymore.

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Never tried it but while;' I agree loose mass between walls will absorb the energy and stop bullets ;does anybody think gravel could create secondary projectiles?[dunno]

12. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I would have to say yes it would ,I've seen what can happen when a sandbag has a rock in it .
    I would think old phone books and a little water would work as well with less chance of ricochet or shrapnel going around the room.

Now I have to go back and see if any of this had already been said .

13. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have never tried it either. Read about it in a book. But I would imagine that after penetrating the exterior siding, plywood, insulation, sheetrock, a second layer of plywood, 3 3/4" of gravel, then a final layer of plywood, I don't think even a high powered rifle round would have much energy left.

14. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Time for the tactical wheelbarrow?

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Sleeping in a cast iron tub ?

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7