Bundy Ranch Stand Off - The Next Waco?

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Mountainman, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Mike likes this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And so it may be. The Feds have the equal opportunity to take it to court. Looks to me as tho' both sides are simply engaging in a game of "mine's bigger than yours." That needs ending before the safeties are taken off.

3. Quigley_Sharps

4. Quigley_Sharps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Backhoes being used to bury cattle the Feds are killing?
    Just a few years ago, the theft of cattle would have been meet with deadly force. Take a mans cattle and you take his livelihood. It can lead to deadly consequences.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Yard Dart, stg58, Mike and 1 other person like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This really depends on the State Statute, under which the local Sheriff gets his Authority. If that Statute sets up a Federal Constitutional Sheriff, for each County, in the State, Then that Sheriff IS the Ultimate, and Superior Law Enforcement Officer in that County, as noted by SCOTUS Decisions, and Precedent. Not all States choose to setup their Law Enforcement in this way. One MUST go look at the State Statute, and then at the Precedents, in State Law, to determine exactly what the case is, in THIS situation.

As a NOTE.... Here in Alaska, ALL Law Enforcement is created by State Statute, and the ONLY Elected Law Enforcement Officer is the Governor of the State. He holds ALL the Law Enforcement Powers in his Office, and delegates those Powers, by Statute, to his Commissioner of Public Safety, who is Appointed, and confirmed by the State Senate. All State Troopers, by Statute, work for the Commissioner of Public Safety, and their Police Powers, come thru Him. City and Borough Law Enforcement are ALL subject to the Commissioner of Public Safety, and his Policies, by Statute. ALL LEOs in Alaska, MUST conform to the State Training and Policies as laid out in State Statute.

So, up here, if the FEDs piss off the Governor, (which the BLM, and EPA, did last Fall, up in Chicken, AK) the Governor can direct his Law Enforcement Forces, to Arrest, Ignore, Provide , Stop, or Refuse to backup, ANY Federal Enforcement Action, except that of a US Marshal. Our Governor, in the stated confrontation, told the FEDs, that if they EVER held such a Raid, AGAIN, He would direct his State Troopers to Detain, and Arrest, the FEDs, on the spot, and he told his Commissioner of Public Safety, that He was to monitor, ALL Requests for Assistance by Federal Regulators in the future, and get approval from HIM, Directly, before rendering ANY Assistance, to such Federal Operations. He was one "Ticked Off" Governor..... ......

Yard Dart, Mountainman, stg58 and 3 others like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The Oath Keepers have now activated. The call has gone out.
    Oath Keepers,
    We need a presence there immediately to help prevent the feds sparking another Ruby Ridge or Waco incident in the Bundy stand-off. (read more at the link)​

Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » Coalition of Western State Legislators, Sheriffs, and Veterans Stand Vigil in Support of Embattled Nevada Rancher, Cliven Bundy ‘To Prevent Another Ruby Ridge or Waco”

No military cammo, no open carry, no civilians interviews. They are going with a sheriff to help prevent bloodshed.
    Sipsey Street Irregulars: Oath Keepers to help with Bundy protest.

Mike likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

stg58, Mike and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

Yes the Oath Keepers forums are quite active. I just hope militia members heading up there respect the family and stay the course the correct way. NO heading up there half-cocked and fueled on emotion only.

Mike, Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You nailed it! I just saw a youtube video of someone headed there and he was bringing heavy fire power. That is what I am most scared about. All it takes is one idiot and this could explode.

oldawg, kellory and mysterymet like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I still can't figure what is right and what is wrong on this issue.

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think they have been battling it out in court for about 20 years. I have seen info on BLM and leasing for fracking in Southern Nevada. Not sure if the is the same area but it is something to consider.

12. Quigley_Sharps

That fire power is already there , always has been.

Mike likes this.
  13. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

as someone already mentioned ... heavy firepower is already there .... the Feds showed 4 of their snipers the other day .... this latest flare up? .... probably were at least 10 snipers ready to shoot ... that's conservative considering there's supposed to be 200+ BLM & FBI types around .... it would only take one spotter to mistake a cellphone being pulled for a gun and the bullets start flying .... the protest ends if certain folk are no longer around .... a convenient mistake ....

Mike likes this.
  14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

As to the rights and wrongs of this situation, my take on it is this: Right=sitting down at the table and reaching a legal/logical 'settlement'. Wrong=going off half-cocked and people getting hurt.

tacmotusn and Dunerunner like this.
  15. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

But you have to do it in a no BS atmosphere. Get the goons out of there, quit killing cattle, and negotiate a settlement. Too many places where government seems to be trying to create a SHTF situation.

Mike and oldawg like this.
  16. Quigley_Sharps

Bundy, has been fighting the federal government’s attempts to shut him down for the last 20 years, is in a bitter battle that just took a turn for the worse.
    .The trouble started in 1993 when Bundy refused to pay the feds for the right to allow his cattle to graze on land that he claims has been in his family since the 1880s. His family actually owned the land before the Bureau of Land Management ever even came into existence; so how the federal government can now claim they own the land is a bit puzzling.

“We own this land,” he said, not the feds. He said he is willing to pay grazing fees but only to Clark County, not BLM.

Years ago, I used to have 52 neighboring ranchers,” he said. “I’m the last man standing. How come? Because BLM regulated these people off the land and out of business.”

Mike, ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Look at this guy. I do not think this man would be considered a cool head. You know the feds have seen this video. You know they are expecting people like this to decend on the ranch. I think @Illini Warrior right something could get mistaken and shots will be fired.

18. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

His family may have used that land for generations, but can he show title to it? By what right does he use the land in question? Land grant? Royal decree?
    If he has clear title to it, then court is exactly where it should be, to clear his name and uphold his rights.
    If, on the other hand, they have simply used open land as their own, that does not make it so.
    We have problems with trespassers hunting on other people's land, just because " we always have before...." Though the new owners have posted it to" stay the h3ll out!".
    The real question is " who holds title to those lands? Nothing else really matters.

As to killing cattle....that is very wrong. No assets of any kind should be damaged or distroyed before the case is settled in court. Otherwise, I think someone will die. Killing the cattle is a hostile act, no matter why.

Mountainman, tacmotusn, stg58 and 2 others like this.
  19. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

Moto, I am not a government hater, but I am an advocate of a limited small federal government doing it's job as delineated in the Constitution of the United States. This megalithic monster we call a government now is unconstitutional, unsupportable, and way outside it's scope. It is to provide for the common good, not to claim title to land without recourse. I am a firm 10th'er.

Mountainman, stg58 and Motomom34 like this.
  20. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

Yup, just like Ruby Ridge. The guy was NO threat, yet they killed his wife while she held their baby. No threat. Government thuggery.

Mountainman and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7