Bushcraft is now trademarked

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by vonslob, Nov 20, 2014.

1. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

People will try to trademark anything. Anything for a buck!!

vonslob likes this.
  3. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Bushcraft is a term that originally came from the UK. This dude named guy has no business trademarking the term bushcraft. Kinda like that lady whose husband was killed on 9-11 trying to trademark the term "lets roll". btw god bless Yeneneh Betru, rest in peace, you were a great man

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I think i am going to start a website called Bushcraft B.S. I do believe that if challenged the trademark would not stand. I think Guy has gone too far. The term has been used going back at least to the forties and might be over a hundred years old.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    oldawg likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm just going to trademark all the letters, punctuation, and numbers and live off royalties.

Yard Dart, oldawg and vonslob like this.
  6. Sojourn

Sojourn Monkey

There is someone in every crowd trying to make a nickle off of someone else' s back or idea. Bushcraft has been a term forever, therefore it would never stand in a court. Let them proceed with a claim, it will be struck down as non-valid. Let's get out there this weekend and perform some bushcraft in defiance. Let's start a fire :)

vonslob likes this.
  7. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Sojourn, excellent brother, a friction fire.

Sojourn likes this.
  8. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

I was thinking of trademarking "1" and "0" and then just suing everyone for use of a derivative work.

vonslob likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7