Bushcraft is now trademarked

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by vonslob, Nov 20, 2014.

1. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

People will try to trademark anything. Anything for a buck!!

vonslob likes this.
  3. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Bushcraft is a term that originally came from the UK. This dude named guy has no business trademarking the term bushcraft. Kinda like that lady whose husband was killed on 9-11 trying to trademark the term "lets roll". btw god bless Yeneneh Betru, rest in peace, you were a great man

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I think i am going to start a website called Bushcraft B.S. I do believe that if challenged the trademark would not stand. I think Guy has gone too far. The term has been used going back at least to the forties and might be over a hundred years old.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    oldawg likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm just going to trademark all the letters, punctuation, and numbers and live off royalties.

Yard Dart, oldawg and vonslob like this.
  6. Sojourn

Sojourn Monkey+

There is someone in every crowd trying to make a nickle off of someone else' s back or idea. Bushcraft has been a term forever, therefore it would never stand in a court. Let them proceed with a claim, it will be struck down as non-valid. Let's get out there this weekend and perform some bushcraft in defiance. Let's start a fire :)

vonslob likes this.
  7. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Sojourn, excellent brother, a friction fire.

Sojourn likes this.
  8. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I was thinking of trademarking "1" and "0" and then just suing everyone for use of a derivative work.

vonslob likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7