Bushcraft skills you struggle with?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olympic mountain man, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Same here, I need some white noise to sleep well. Probably comes from living in the city I guess. I'll use an iPod or something and only put the ear bud in one ear so I can still have some awareness of my immediate surroundings.

If I lost all power, then I suppose I'd have to adapt.

Although, I will add, tracking and hunting many miles in a day will wear me out and I'll be asleep pretty quick.

Salted Weapon likes this.
  2. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

so it is up to you to go do the hands on part so in a way it is up to you if you feed your self in the wilderness or not it is a tool for your tool bag and most of the time you can practice in your back yard knowledge is power so make your self as powerfull as you can

Joe13 likes this.
  3. Olympic mountain man

I'm full of skills let's keep this thread going

Joe13 likes this.
  4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I've been taking garlic pills for years and they don't keep mosquitoes away. Plain white distilled vinegar does though.

Joe13 and arleigh like this.
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

So does 18th century injun clothes. Haha.

My biggest issue is finding bow wood. Can't seem to do it. Every time I find a stave, it curls when drying, or I get 90% of the work done, an find out bugs have cut channels though it.

6. Olympic mountain man

Tighter the fibers the better the bow you can steam it after it drys to help shape it that has worked for me but building a good primitive bow is very time consuming

Joe13 likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

gardening is my toughest hurtle.
    Stuff starts growing good ,then as it gets hot every thing burns up .
    I realize the need for a green house ,but what concerns me is some time in the future when the sun is far worse.
    I had no idea the learning curve it is in growing food ,,I realize all the more, needing sufficient canned food in the event of a bad growing season, or several of them .

Joe13 likes this.
  8. Olympic mountain man

I have to admit that my thumb is not the greenest lol but there are people on here that help you a ton more then I can I try to use the most resilient plants the ones that grow like weeds lol and just hunt

Joe13 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7