Buying Land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, I have a questionnaire. I am prepped and ready and realtors would prefer someone just love the view but not ask for details. Plus I asked her to e-mail me all information so that I would have things in writing.

Ganado, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

To much heat, She cradled on you...lol

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

if you are planning to build make sure the road in can handle the traffic.... and roads to your road can handle the weight...

SB21 likes this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

There's usually a geographic map of registered sex offenders available for most locales.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and OldDude49 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have a question. I found some land. The land borders BLM land. To put it nicely, the BLM may be a problem neighbor. So would you all buy land that is right next to BLM land?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

easements n such usually apply... get all the info you can... and make absolutely sure of the boundaries...

not sure I would even consider such a property... BLM can be a real pain... even being close to it...

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Motomom34 like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you buy next to BLM Land get a survey, and Mark & Post your Boundries, and then serve BLM with a No Trespass Notice via Registered Mail... and then if they cross your boundary, call your Sheriff, present the No Trespass Notice, and swear out a Warrant for Criminal Trespass, as soon as Possible after their Trespass Incident... TrailCams are really good for documenting Trespass....

Ganado, Gator 45/70, 3cyl and 2 others like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This is beautiful land that is checking all the boxes and at a reasonable price. Walking the property was great, it really has all that I am looking for. It's like finding the house of your dreams then you look over at the neighbors and see an old couch on the lawn.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If there is a local watering hole of coffee shop where the locals hang out ,spend some quality time getting to know them and they getting to know you.
    A lot more to be learned getting to know their goings on .

10. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I dare say that having dot gov for a neighbor is simply setting up for your land to be grabbed. I wouldn't.

11. BTPost

ALL Land is bounded by .GOV Land, of some sort... Public Right of Ways, Public Easements, and land held in Reserve by some local, County, State, or Federal .GOV entity... The best you can do is survey, and POST, your land, and stick to the using the State TresPass Statutes to protect Access to your Land by other Folks and Entities...

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Perhaps the expansion of nat'l parks and monuments will grow, or recede, but the one thing you can count on is that if your property is incorporated into one of those entities, what you can do with your land will be proscribed.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

My place is bounded by Forest Service property on about 9/10 of the lines and it's a great situation as far as I'm concerned. No neighbors other than the occasional hunter. Once every 15-20 years, FS employees come down the line painted the trees with red paint to mark the line, and other than that, I never see one.

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm having trouble with trespassers,Served them notice on the 21st to remove the deer stands since I just leased the land south of me.We will see how this plays out!

Motomom34 likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

sounds like you got some new deer stands.

3cyl, ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thats what the Game Warden said,Just take them,lol

17. BTPost

Yup, If they were left on your land, and that land was Posted, then they are yours... If anyone complains, they already admit Criminal Trespass, just by claiming them as theirs...

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

BLM is ok but be prepared for them to trade the land in another land swap so you end up with different neighbors.. The only government land that can't be sold or traded is US forest land. And BTPost is right about the notice of trespass

electricity and water are on the property or too the property line?

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  19. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Not so. Few years back, county over from us, Forest Service owns over half the county, making the tax base sorta hard on the rest of it. There was a section of land USFS owned that was highly developable for residential property, so they swapped it in a deal for other property that was more remote and privately owned. Now that former govt property is lots with homes on it. So while they don't sell, they will do trades.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@TnAndy interesting I would be interested to know if it was land within the NF Boundary set by law or if it was some of the land that NFS owns that is not with it a legal boundary set by law.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Yard Dart
  10. phishi
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary