Buying Property in Detroit wise speculation for the future...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by franks71vw, Jul 31, 2013.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You will find UNESCO and World Heritage Site Signs in many US Parks!

They, pick your poison of the of who them is, really are out to take over the US, one park at a time, or town, or school or what ever works best for they/them

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Kinda feel like a tin foil hat wearer when I read about this UNESCO. How very unsettling. I know where I am from we had a Historical society- it was made up of a bunch of old ladies who had lunch once a month and dedicated themselves to find free money to fix up the old homes.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I say let 'er burn

stg58 and Mountainman like this.
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

And make sure the scum is still there when it goes up!

stg58 likes this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The astounding part of photos like this is how fast it crumbled and it looks like people just got up and walked away.
    Books still on the shelves.

But I bet the copper pipe was looted fairly quickly...

In many ways the best example of what won World War 2 with industrial might and the post World War 2 boom which built the middle class and it has become:

Detroit-going-bust--006.
    Left the Joe Lewis arena 2 years back at 11:00 pm and kept relating the movie "Apocalypse Now" don't leave the boat. to my trip "don't leave the the freeway"

gunbunny likes this.
  8. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

raze most of it and put in nuclear reactors, let DOE contract guards protect the fences. No warning shots.

9. VisuTrac

So city council, any ex-mayor, their family and friends and a large portion of the municipal workers, plus those that got city contracts?

Works for me. If they are taking donations, I'll pitch in a gallon of premium gas.

Mountainman likes this.
  10. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

How about a huge wall with guards ala Escape From NY throw the scum in and let them create their own utopia.
    I wonder how the crew from Guantanamo would fare against some of the home boys..

escapefromnewyork08.
    Escape%2BFrom%2BNew%2BYork%2B6.

11. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Adrienne Barbeau plays Maggie...

She made Swamp Thing worth watching too (besides the cool airboats with M-60's mounted on them).

Ahh great, now I'll have to find Swamp Thing on DVD. I just watched Escape From NY the other night. John Carpenter was pretty close, he just got the years a little mixed up.

12. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Looks like a good place to buy an abandoned factory and start making ammo.
    The gov will buy it all if the locals dont.
    :)

13. VisuTrac

LOL, the locals will strip it while you are in it. If you actually get to producing ammo, that'll go too.

We haz a long history with just taking what we need. Makes N.O. looters look like convenience store shoplifters.

14. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7