Buying silver, where to start

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by rush81, Feb 3, 2010.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Don't buy crypto unless you can stand to lose it all.
    If you had bought 10K dollars worth of Bitcoin about 8 hours ago .. right now you'd only have 7800 bucks.
    It is not for the faint of heart. It's a fickle beast. Granted, it's doubled or more since January but it can plummet like a rock at the first sign of bad news. There are no circuit breakers it could go to zero in less than a day. It could go up but not nearly as fast.

Motomom34 and BTPost like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Never RISK, more than you can afford to lose.......

VisuTrac likes this.
  3. kepman

kepman Monkey

Thanks a very good point. What I understand so far is that it's essentially a high risk/high reward investment, which obviously applies both ways. I certainly wouldn't go in to something like that 'expecting' rewards or as some people do, 'relying' on them. Thanks for your input.

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. silverbadger

silverbadger Neophyte Monkey

Thanks so much for the advices on where to start guys. I am now feeling confident in where to start! Much appreicaition

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Don't forget when to start.
    Now really isn't a good time to buy gold.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Really ?? I never have figured out your (whatever)
    WHEN YOU SELL is whats important !! I have 3-nine gold from ?? say 70;s -90,s who knows , first coin was 280.$$ now that 3 9 is worth way more ! It's a way of HOLDING wealth . Same as silver /food /solar / equipment etc.

S

Ganado likes this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I say don't bet on where gold could go unless you like loosening money or being under water on it for years.
    Only place your bets on where it is that day.
    If you buy today don't expect for the price to make up the bid/ask and spot fee difference for up to 5 years.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I am befused and confuddled. Thot we were talking about silver --

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. Roccobull

Roccobull Neophyte Monkey

I'm a big Silver guy and I usually buy my coins/bars at Bullion Exchanges, they offer a good variety and fair prices

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey++

Back in the 1960s my Father and Grandfather owned a small grocery store. They also collected coins, mostly stuff that came through the register. Then LBJ took the silver out of US coins, and my Father started holding out all of the silver coins. It got so bad that my Grandfather complained that, "they couldn't make change for a dollar". The Sheeple (aka customers) loved the clad coins, but my Father carried home bags of the silver stuff. Why do you think that there are so many pennies and nickels from the mid 60s? Many years later, when silver got so high he sold a lot of those coins to buy a new car and to pay some bills. I still have some of those coins and have added my own over the years. Pre-1965 US "Junk" coins are best because everyone will know what they are. Next are American Silver Eagles. I stay away from foreign coins, and private mint coins, bars and rounds. Also, you need a coin book that shows the silver content of all US coins and maybe foreign coins too. I'm planning to buy a gold and silver test kit.

1. ED GEiN
  2. Motomom34
  3. oil pan 4
  4. UncleMorgan
  5. oil pan 4
  6. AD1
  7. Yard Dart
  8. CATO
  9. Minuteman
  10. Falcon15
  11. Brokor
  12. melbo