Buying silver, where to start

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by rush81, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I know this is a silver thread BUT it goes for both . When i was helping with the assessing, we were using a X-ray for the iffy ones (Older type ). Here is a niffty one and its not overpriced as the Flech is .

The Best Fake Gold Coin Detection Tool

Order Now

Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Some Monkey here posted a USA Question on taxes etc. TN Andy replied and I can find it ..
    SO Watch this Very fine lady Plz !

Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Just heard on Glen Beck bit coins and gold are at an all time high is this just an anomaly or is this a sign of this to come if Bidum and the Ho steal the election on Jan 6

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Gold and silver (especially) are not at all time highs. You either heard wrong, or more likely, Beck was pumping some sponsor of his show.

5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Heard it on Glenn Beck
    CBS news posted this:
    "The price of gold surged to an all-time high on Monday. Some experts pointed to the worsening of U.S.-China trade and political tensions. Others cited growing investor concerns that an economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic might be weakening in the U.S. and elsewhere".

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Just remember that the 'Highs' in the market don't mean that the metal is more valuable.
    It means that the dollar is worth(less).

Gator 45/70, Cruisin Sloth and johnbb like this.
  7. TnAndy

Well, they are simply wrong. The all time high was on 6 Aug 2020 when gold reached $2075. It it currently 1940-ish, about 135 bucks below that. You can confirm this quite easily on Kitco.com or Goldprice.org. So could the news media if they bothered to check.

8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

You are correct --- should have known better than rely on '"news"

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. TnAndy

That's OK......they (the news media) still talk about the "budget surplus" of the Clinton years as if it was a fact set in stone. Nothing could be further from the truth. To start with, the 'budget' is a totally imaginary figure, since almost an equal amount of govt spending is "off budget". During that period, the surplus taxes on social security were used to show a surplus in budget spending.....but combined with off budget spending, the govt has gone deeper in debt every single year since a couple of small, ACTUAL surplus years during the Eisenhower administration.....and it was a tiny rollback in our debt.

AGAIN, easily confirmed with the US Treasury's own figures published at US Debt to the Penny: Government - The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It This website contains data on the public debt back to 1789......and clearly shows there was no 'surplus'.....as defined by you took in more than you spent, the definition OF a surplus....any year past those couple in the 50's.....but the news media is either willfully, or actually, ignorant of the facts, and apparently lacking it the slightest ability to seek them out.

You see this time after time if you bother to listen to their drivel anymore (I don't). Their lack of ability to check easy facts, combined with 'news' that should include the disclaimer "In our opinion".....as much of what is presented AS news is actually opinion, or a slanted, cherry picked version of the truth.....clearly shows they have crossed the line from journalism into propaganda.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

It will only go up , from now !!
    Turn off the TV !!!
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Primers are up 150% on average

mysterymet and VisuTrac like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Only if you don't believe in things like adjusting for inflation.
    Also kitco only shows closing price for the day. The gold price can shoot up over a $100 and come back down to around where it started. You would need technical charts to see those intra trading day spikes and dumps.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. TnAndy

The news media, like the govt, rarely, if ever, takes our deflated currency into effect. Are you claiming inflation has raged to the point SINCE AUGUST OF 2020 that 1940 is higher than 2075 ???

IF you'll bother to look on down the Kitco page on the lower right hand side, you'll find historical charts for gold prices.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm thinking more like 2019 comparing it to the last false all time high in 2011 and the true all time high in 1980.

15. toolbelt99

toolbelt99 Monkey

I read somewhere that they're going to do to silver what they did to GameStop. Lots of "paper silver" out there. 100 times the paper silver compared to actual silver. People are going to demand physical silver delivery and the supplies for physical are just not there. This will make paper silver companies buy silver and make the price go up.

https://banned.video/watch?id=6016a381d49d28178c7f29d5

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

If people buy Ag and then try and take physical possession and crash the comex it might send the dollar plunging as well. price for physical has a pretty good premium over spot these days. I expect that to go much higher as well if this keeps up.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Anyone buying silver now is an idot. All the retailers are sold dry. I'm going to sell a bunch because I'm going to gouge the shit out of anyone dumb enough to buy.
    I think I could get around $10 an ounce over spot or more.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

At this point you probably could. Bought my last batch around $20. Just holding for now to see what happens.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

With no KY...lol

Cruisin Sloth and Merkun like this.
  20. Cruisin Sloth

Gold Price Today | Price of Gold Per Ounce | 24 Hour Spot Chart | KITCO
    Silver Price Today | Price of Silver Per Ounce | 24 Hour Spot Chart | KITCO
    Got wind of this Silver squeeze last week and on Thursday bought Ag
    Paid very close to what I paid last time a bought a box with a few like minded .
    Now look at the price over the weekend and this morning .
    I haven't made a dime at this till I sell ..
    Now that my Canadian FIAT is plastic , it no longer works as a decent fire starter .
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. Yard Dart
  3. ED GEiN
  4. Motomom34
  5. oil pan 4
  6. UncleMorgan
  7. oil pan 4
  8. AD1
  9. Yard Dart
  10. CATO