CA - Sword homicide on the rise.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Victim identified in deadly South Vancouver sword attack - British Columbia - CBC News

BAN SWORDS1111!!!!one
    How many moar have to die before we take action?
    There is NO REASON for civillians to have access to these deadly assault knives.
    Only professionally trained chefs and action hero movie stars should be allowed to apply for a Sharp Knife Pointy Object Permit after a background check and psych evaluation.

twitch

G

RightHand likes this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

How does 1 point on a graph translate into "On the rise?"

When the media uses "sword," I think "fruitcake"--mainly because only fruitcake Dungeons & Dragon fools buy swords. But, if they used "machete," I think cold-blooded, vicious killer who needs to hang at the local big tree.

I need to be de-programmed from my pre-conceived notions.

In other news: "There can only be one."

Mindgrinder and Brokor like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The cheesiest of cheese. [touchdown]

Mindgrinder likes this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Wait until the nut jobs use Molotov cocktails..

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Ban rags and bottles and gasoline! And fire...don't forget fire. I can't believe they haven't tried making crime illegal, that would have put an end to it AGES ago. [rolleyes]

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The insane will continue to do insane acts. Guns are the least of a nation's problems when the insane walk freely on our streets.

tacmotusn and Mindgrinder like this.
  7. Mindgrinder

Crazy is not a crime. Innocent until proven guilty.
    Prosecute the makers of suicide mass murder pills instead of pretending we have pre-crime psi-tech.

Brokor likes this.
  8. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Samurai.. it's what's for dinner..

Mindgrinder likes this.
  9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Trivia question: what is the link between the sword and what is going on right now in this country? Hint: today's AR15 was yesterday's sword....

Back in the day, England tried to disarm the Scots by prohibiting them from having swords (and most any arms)....Britain being the pricks that they are, also banned the wearing of kilts because they are pompous asses. Do a search for "the Disarming Act."

Check this out, which is exactly what's going to happen here--essentially, the loyalists turned in their swords and the "rebels" turned in junk: Travels to Terra Incognita: The Scottish Highlands and Hebrides in Early ... - Martin Rackwitz - Google Books

Mindgrinder and Brokor like this.
  10. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

Unfortunately my Clan was on the wrong side of that fight in my opinion. They were allowed to keep their swords and turned in their country-men..

Mindgrinder likes this.
  11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Is there a lesson in this for us so that we won't repeat the past?

tacmotusn likes this.
  12. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The Chinese were denied any tools of war and developed martial arts (open hand). It is highly practiced today as you well know by many. Peasants learned to use staffs and other simple tools as effective weapons. My study was with staff and open hand--you can do a lot with a plain old "stick".

tacmotusn, kellory and Mindgrinder like this.
  13. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

I think the lesson should be that together we stand divided we fall. Everyone knows Scotland lost its sovereignty to the Brits. I would rather be cast as a traitor to the King rather than a traitor to my country men.

tacmotusn, Mindgrinder and BTPost like this.
  14. Mindgrinder

QFT.
    Smirk

15. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I think Danny Trejo...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7