Cabelas 6¢/rnd for 22LR ammo 1400 rnd bucket. 0630 PST (09:30 EST) Sat 6/4

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by AD1, Jun 4, 2016.

1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

A bargain this day and age for sure. My own testing of .22 ammo showed the Golden Bullets to be just a step above Thunderbolts, which are at the very bottom in my testing, in that the GB's didn't lead up barrels, but there were a lot of misfires due to inconsistent primer application in the rims. Not a big problem in single shot rifles or revolvers where the round can just be rotated for a firing pin strike in a different location on the rim, but a hassle in semi autos. I used to pick up a lot of these at the range that had been struck by the firing pin and failed to fire and ejected by hand and left laying, but they worked great in my revolver by rotating the rims to a fresh spot to be struck in firing.

Gator 45/70 and AD1 like this.
  3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

If you are short of 22LR these are a great buy especially if you live near Cabelas so you dont pay shipping.

If you have plenty of these, then as a prep/barter item you cant beat this.

You could probably trade 10 of these for a lot of stuff after a long term event.

4. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Good deal, I have about 10K but these are good plinkers. I used my club points and paid for near all of it then bought some
    9mm in bulk to put it over 99.00 so got a discount shipping for 5.00 over all paid 110.00 for the ammo and additional 300 rds of 9mm in bulk,that was 79.00 so my order was about 70% off :) Thanks for the heads up.

Tully Mars and AD1 like this.
  5. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

SW

Glad I could help the Monkeys

Salted Weapon likes this.
  6. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

I was trying to find something to spend my points on, lol you helped.

AD1 likes this.
  7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I am lucky enough to have both a Bass Pro and Cabelas within 30 miles of me so my email alerts from www.wikiarms.com on 22LR help me get above 20K for my "backstock"

That site is very effective for any caliber of ammo at specific price points.

8. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Every place we have is 100miles or more so I try and get free or discount shipping. It take awhile but sometimes the great deals
    come up. I just got some 7.62x39 about a month ago 1000 rds free shipped and cheaper then Walmart prices but they only come about here and there. I am going to save the site you mentioned I have used it in the past but kinda forgot about it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    AD1 likes this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Still there...

AD1 likes this.
  10. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

How are you setting the distance at the website Or is it just all alerts nation wide it sends?

11. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

SW

Its Nationwide

Here is a screenshot of this mornings email.

They also have a Walmart inventory check. Its accurate about 25-50% of the time.

image.

Salted Weapon likes this.
  12. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

You have to sign up but once you do that then you can edit alerts under your account.

Here is what that page looks like for my 22 LR @7¢ or less. You can also filter out stores you dont want too.

image.

Salted Weapon, 3M-TA3 and kellory like this.
  13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm saving the money to build the gun, so the ammo, in this case, will have to wait, but thank you, none the less. I will keep this method in mind, once the rifle is finished.

AD1 likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Unfortunately my wife just spent all my ammo money on useless stuff like food and clothes, so I have to pass on this one.

Yard Dart, Oltymer and AD1 like this.
  15. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Food, gees set your priorities man. lol

Yard Dart and Altoidfishfins like this.
  16. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

Too much money for that ammo IMO.....

17. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

6¢/rnd is too much money in todays environment?

$5-$15 brick days are LOOOONNNNGGGG GONE!

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Its gone now.

19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

i really need to break open the vault and see what I have currently.... I have no idea. Years ago I read a post from @tacmotusn ....since then I have been trying to stack it. ;)

Side note, I don't care what it cost... if I find it.... I procure it!!

** Edit- I only pay cash, and do not buy online with a CC.....

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7