Caliber or platform? My picks.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Mar 17, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Never trust a Monkey, to safely navigate a Boat.... [lolol][sinking]

VisuTrac, Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The very first rule of navigation is KEEP THE WATER OUT OF THE BOAT!! There have been some notable failures of that in the realm of monkeydom.

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Even worse is we tend to "forget" where we sunk it/them. :oops:

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Mine was down before pocket GPS were available, and I lost the paper with the alidad notes.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Went bouncing through the waves at high speed and every thing bounced over the side and cracked three stringers!:eek:

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

If you can't keep the water out of the boat you just need to start with something that can handle the rust damage. KIMG2323. gives a nice non slip surface to the slide. KIMG2324.
    She still shoots one ragged hole in the target at 10 yards. My tetanus shot is up to date. Hey, that may be a good name for this one. ;-) "Lockjaw"

Try this with your Glock and get back to me in.... lets say 50 years.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    oldawg, ochit, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  7. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Sometimes you have to make due with what you have or can afford; read religiously about what you have (including the ammo), and make plans to cover for the weaknesses. AND, Be sure to reserve enough resources to feed the critter! Practice with it.
    I'm partial to .22LR, 5.56/223, 308, and 9mm, but just because they're commonplace and inexpensive, among other things. You can find inexpensive AR-15s; take care of what you have so you can sell it later on if you want something else. 7.62x39 is also commonplace and inexpensive - I've gone the AR route for personal reasons, but I'm not going to say one is better than the other (there's enough fighting in this world already;^).
    Keep an open mind; .45-70 might work for you because all your friends shoot it!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

in 10,000 years the archaeologists are going to be real confused they will think that was a gun boat or river patrol boat.

oldawg likes this.
  9. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Since all the anti-gun rhetoric has come up consideration for lever action rifles is becoming more popular. In the old west The lever action was the assault weapon platform of the day. We may be seeing a resurgence of the lever action rifle and thats a good thing,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7