Calling all Engineers, Mechanics and Tinker's

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Ganado, May 2, 2015.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

oldawg and Mindgrinder like this.
  2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Oh hai!
    Tesla Sauce!

[​IMG]

Brokor likes this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Every time I see a picture of (the real) Tesla or hear his name, I can't help but think of David Bowie (as Tesla) in the movie "The Prestige".
    [​IMG]

Yard Dart, Ganado and Mindgrinder like this.
  4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

LOL he looks like Ron Swanson
    ron-swanson-no-salad-2.

Ganado and Mindgrinder like this.
  5. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

The memes are starting to multiply....my evil plan is working....pretty soon there will be no talking or text left and everyone will communicate through a series of pictures....
    MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
    [​IMG]

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You can't be Serious.......

7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

So, I guess the challenge to the engineers is how does this rotating device that appears to supply enough energy to power a bunch of lights, an iron, a fan and a heating element manage to do that?

It sure appears in the video there are no batteries or connection to external power. Hmmm... I am modestly confident I know the answer though there is a second much lower probability possibility... I'll not spoil the puzzle and PM my answer to Ganado and she can post it when there are a few other answers. I'll just comment, Occam's razor. Have fun.

AT

8. DarkLight

1) Magic!
    2) Magnets!
    3) The drum the rotating "device" is connected to is a battery (as opposed to the implication that it is an alternator or some other such)?
    4) MAGIC DAMN IT!
    5) Tachyon particles that have taken a billion, billion, billion years to get here from <insert greek letter here> Nubulicon, generated by the...never mind.

Mike, Ganado, Airtime and 1 other person like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Did anyone notice the very small wires, between the "GenEnd" and "Rotor Assembly" right along the Connecting Shaft......

Mindgrinder and Mike like this.
  10. DarkLight

That was another question in my mind. More likely that the entire rotor assembly is full of batteries/is a battery. Watching it further on in the video, there is a substantial amount of "play" in the connecting shaft and he pushes it back in to get rid of the "wobble". An actual generator head would NOT have behaved well at ALL with that kind of play.

Mike and techsar like this.
  11. DarkLight

BTW, I still think it's magic.

Mike and Ganado like this.
  12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm guessing the site has been taken down. All I see is an error message from Facebook.

Screenshot_2015-05-02-17-59-51.

13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Hmm.. How odd

Mindgrinder likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

He's now locked in a room with those guys that invented the 100 MPG carberater and the engine that runs on water instead of gas...

Ganado, vegasrandall and Mindgrinder like this.
  15. DarkLight

Would that be a think-tank or a round room with nice padded walls and a jacket that zips in the back? ;)

16. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

It's real, all right...it just doesn't work the way he portrays it to (I know, don't end sentences with a preposition...)[booze]

17. kellory

Do you have a link that works?

18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Nah, I got the error msg as well.

19. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Found the same guy...

Mindgrinder and Ganado like this.
  20. kellory

[BSf]there is no useful reason to have swinging arms to this magnet machine, (beside, opening and closing a cherry switch at the hinge or the latch itself could be the switch.
    Mounted on that board, as it is, reminds me if a printed circuit board, with the wiring on the other side.
    With the board against the wall like it is, there is no reason to believe it is not being fed from the other side if the wall.
    The inner cyclinder being spun by hand then closed quickly to initiate the magnetic field? I think not. It could be spun from the end with a flywheel much more efficiently, without transferring any contaminants to any internal parts.
    No...this is a illusion.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7