Calling all Engineers, Mechanics and Tinker's

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Ganado, May 2, 2015.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You can not get something for nothing. And there is ALWAYS a loss of energy, not a gain.energy is usually lost as heat, but there is never power from nothing.[BSf]

Mike likes this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Yup. Even if there was a was to get energy unity, the frictional losses would tip the scales.

Mike and kellory like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I get the same thing, I'm thinking FB WTF Over?

Mike likes this.
  5. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Yes and no. Electric motors are almost all magnetic (save electrostatic and similar oddities), it is the fundamental mechanism by which they work. No, in that those magnetic pumps simply do not have a direct coupling or connection between the motor shaft and the pump shaft. They use a magnetic coupling working across an aluminum or plastic bulkhead and that isolates the pump workings inside a sealed compartment and there is no shaft seal the fluid can get past. A concept not applicable here.

Its good to be thinking but don't get hung up on the possibility this thing is for real. It's only realness is it's a real hoax that gets people hoping or believing in something for nothing, for real. I told you in a PM how they likely pulled it off. Keep having fun.

AT

Ganado likes this.
  6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The only free lunch is the free lunch your Mom made for you in the first grade.

BTPost likes this.
  7. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

MIT has had units like this for years. More of a disk set up than a drum. Listed as perpetual motion machines.

8. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I saw this type of motor displayed a few years back but was much bigger and mounted in wood. The machine turned but eventually the magnets lose power. If my memory is correct the permanant magnets will get drained of magnetism and become just little blocks of metal and the machine stops. What about a solar panel powering electromagnets running the engine? It seems there is something there worth experimentation . Im sure we have not found the answer yet.

Ganado likes this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

He needs to switch over to dilithium crystals, then the puppy will work for real.
    (That was sarcasm, Bruce ;))

Mindgrinder and Yard Dart like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Thanks, @Brokor I do NOT get that, sometimes.... One of my many failings....

Brokor and Mindgrinder like this.
  11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

So, we all agree there is no way this thing generates power from nothing, folks here are smarter than that. Also given the challenge the Pakistani threw down to engineers it seems all the more clear this thing is a hoax, the challenge is can you figure out how he did it. He employs many of the same theatrics a magician brandishes, showing the top and bottom, front back, left right, etc. i.e. proving there is nothing up his sleeve. Then lots of stuff gets powered, but how?

So I pondered, how would I pull this off? Simple, hide a power line in the dirt to the base of the fan, then up inside the column to the motor and it's power cord. He "plugs" in the fan to the circuit but he may be actually connecting the power supply to everything else when he does that. Then a confederate turns the juice on and off from out of view in time with his manipulation of the cage on the rotary gizmo. Simple and effective trick. Enjoy.

AT

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    DarkLight likes this.
  12. BTPost

If he was really tricky, He would have an AC Primary Coil buried in the dirt, under the Fan Base, and another AC Secondary Coil in the Fan Base, which would act as an AC Transformer. He could "Lift up the Fan, even a few inches to show no connection, and it would still work.... Lots of ways to couple AC Power across a Gap... and nothing difficult to build.....

kellory and DarkLight like this.
  13. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Didn't even think of an inductive current.

14. kellory

Could also be coupled like a magnetic charger. (Magnets in the drum, driven by another drum containing magnets, below.

15. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

I DO NOT AGREE.
    Energy is never actually used up - just transferred...usually to heat and then dispersed.
    We don't understand gravity, magnetism, harmonic resonance, primal fields, telluric currents, taurus fields etc etc etc....

We know nothing John Snow.

Ganado likes this.
  16. kellory

There is a dead give-away, that this is fake. [contract]
    Any guesses, before I reveal?;)

17. BTPost

True, MG, HOWEVER, Energy does ACT like it is used up, in some cases.... This happens when Energy moves into what appears like a Hugh Energy Sink... It just Sucks Up the Energy and shows very small if anything at all, of an interaction. Like excess Heat going into the Earth Sink... It is like it disappears, although it does very slightly raise the temp of the Earth, but it may be to small to be measured. Also like light, or Mass, that gets sucked into a Black Hole, for all practical purposes, it disappears.... And can't be shown where it went, or be measured after it falls in the Gravity Well.... It is just GONE...

Mindgrinder likes this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Google "entropy"

Brokor likes this.
  19. kellory

And while you are at it, google "acceleration" if this thing spins up to speed as portrayed, it should continue accelerating until the parts fail. Since it spins up to a stable speed, and regulates itself, it is clearly faked.

20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Correction: one of your very FEW, but sometimes comical quirks. :)

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7