CAMP FEMA - Now Hiring!

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by VisuTrac, Aug 15, 2011.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Welcome to the monkey bars, Deetsey.

Welcome to the monkey bars, Deetsey....some of the regulars may help you out on that...there are several threads on the subject. Just key in FEMA in the google search box under the quick links button at the top of the page...then look at the posts therein.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think you will find that these "camps" are more tin foil hat material than reality. Seems like some people want to find the worst case scenario and blow it up into a conspiracy. There. I've said it. [peep]

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've about decided that the only one's headed for the camps are perhap's the ones on ''Entitlement'' programs....
    I mean after all...Who's the ones working and paying tax's...???
    I'm not going...Period...!!!

4. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I tried to get you all a photo of the FEMA camp there in Web City...Zipping by on the highway at 65 they came out too blurry... that camp is just north of Joplin and was set up after the Tornado ripped through downtown... it's right there near the airport off the highway coming from Kansas... looks like one big trailer park...

anyway nothing insidious looking, going on if there was something like that going on I doubt very much they would have set up along a busy road for everyone to see...

5. mr.nobody

mr.nobody Monkey+

i'm a locomotive engineer for a railroad. we hall these pieces on flat cars often. i have seen them going north mainly towards ohio. i have seen a few of them going south, but no place near what has went north.

Cephus likes this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A temporary 'camp' to house those made homeless by the storm is one thing - just look at Katrina!

But having a bunch of Stalags in the Heartland takes more than a few questionable pics to be believed. But I am NOT getting aboard any funky buses that pull up in my 'hood! Just sayin'......

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

They'll send the short bus and a couple gorillas for you and me. Obviously not mentally stable, were volunteers for the sub force. Must have a penchant for violent and risky behavior.
    [bow]

Cephus likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It was interesting on the HF Radio, this morning.... FEMA was on the air... running Radio Checks, between sites. Went on for a few hours.... All that Collins Gear, got a good work out this morning.... .... YMMV....

Cephus likes this.
  9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

This being the Tinfoil Hat Lounge and all, THAT post you just made, Bruce, got my dander up. Radio checks to ensure a smooth running system in place for USE sometime soon? Questions that beggar answers.

Cephus likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well actually these are Routine Tests that happen every quarter.... When I was a FED, we ran Region X FEMA Comms out of the FEMA Bunker in Bothell, Washington.... when I lived in the Seattle Area, I lived about .5 miles north of the place, and the FCC IS responsible for the Operation of those Radio Systems, during the Tests. I know the FCC Regional Lady that was the voice on the Radio, this morning, as she and I go back decades in the Commission... This is nothing more than a Routine Test of the systems, and they have the VERY BEST Radios in those systems... I have worked on them.... The FEMA Bunker in Bothell, is an OLD Nike Missile Command Bunker from the 50s, that was the Region X Civil Defense Center, then taken over by FEMA, when it replaced the CDA. (Civil Defense Agency) Nothing Tinfoil Hat about any of this, just normal FEMA doing its quarterly Do Diligence......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7