1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Camp Knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've had this model heat treated for a while by Bos but never completed them. Here I finished one with Burgandy Micarta and bead blasted the handles - really looks good. Other than that it's just a good, simple, BIG knife!

3/16" ATS-34, HT by Paul Bos
    Burgandy Micarta, 1/4" SS pins

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I shouls be able to take better pics but I guess I was in a hurry. This is for sale on my website and here, with a $25 break for SM members. :D

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

That's a nice one !!!!!..... [applaud] not going to last long.... How's the balance on that "Beast"?

3. Valkman

It balances right at the finger choil - it feels lighter than you'd think because the balance is so nice! I did not taper or drill holes in the tang because I felt the weight would be needed to offset the blade.

4. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

That, is a great looking knife, born to work ! What is the handle material, I like how it looks !

5. Valkman

Burgundy Linen Micarta, I think. I don't have much and decided to try it on here. I have some Brown Canvas Micarta too that will look awesome.

There was a guy on USN selling a big Priority Mail box of Micarta for $60. It's good for handles or just as blocks for different jobs. If you're interested I'll look him up - it was a whole lot of Micarta!

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thats a good looking knife Valkman [bow]

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

[ditto]

8. Valkman

I guess it's too cheap - no one's buying it! Ok, $250! [gone]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7