Campfire Campcraft

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by chelloveck, May 20, 2014.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Hanzo, Shaunda, Bear and 9 others like this.
  2. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

I like it.

3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

This is a great example that should be printed, sealed and put in everyone's B.O. bag because we can be forgetful under pressure.......
    GB

Mike, chelloveck and kellory like this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have even used some of those. I once roasted a brook trout using that Indian method of a y stick cradle roticery and a trout on a stick.

Mike and chelloveck like this.
  5. Shaunda

Shaunda Fairy Monkey of the Forest

Great poster! My husband and I also tried one called a Canadian Candle. Put a log of decent diameter on its end. Cut down the centre about halfway making two cuts like a + sign. Stuff your twigs, leaves and other small kindling at the bottom of the + and light it. The inside of the log hollows out and burns as you set your pot on the top of the log like you would set it on a cook stove. I'll try to upload my picture of me making stew on it!

6. Stealth Camper

Stealth Camper wild foodie

Same here Shaunda. As a kid growing up in Minnesota we would call them "Lumberjack" candles. We would also cheat somewhat and saturate the insides with a bit of fuel mix we had for the chainsaws we used to cut the slots with. They would burn all night and well into the next day!

Shaunda likes this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Sounds like a Swedish torch.

Swedish Torch/Canadian Candle:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Shaunda likes this.
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

So forest fires are BAD things? Oops ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7