Can This Be Real?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I just received this email from a friend and fellow NFA collector but haven't verified the content as of yet?

<table style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td valign="top">[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(102, 102, 102);" valign="top">See More: Home Page Clearance Sale
    </td></tr> <tr> <td style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" valign="top" align="middle">
    </td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <table style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" valign="top" width="75%">
    Exciting Announcement From TGSCOM

NFA laws have been repealed through a long standing court battle in the 7th US Circuit Court. The president of TGSCOM had sued the federal government on the grounds that the NFA law violated the Second Amendment of the Constitution. After heated and lengthy oral arguments, TGSCOM is now able to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public without tax stamps and the additional background check. The one stipulation to the agreement is that fully automatic rifles will be treated like handguns in that they will require a purchaser of 21 and older, the firearm must be transferred in the state of their residence (same as handguns) and that the buyer must submit to all regulations in the state of their residence.

What this means for you
    We will now be adding a limited number of fully automatic firearms to our inventory. They will be sold on a first come first served basis. The benefit is that not only can you own them, but they do not have the $20,000 price tag they normally do.

California residents
    Since this ruling is so new, there are no restrictions for California residents. Bet on the fact that they will be up to speed very quickly with reducing your Constitutional rights so take full advantage while you can!

Eric R. Thompson
    President

TGSCOM Inc.

</td> <td style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" valign="top" width="25%" align="middle">[​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

April fools day back to ya....:D

3. Seacowboys

I don't think so but possibly.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

April Fools Day or BATFE sting.

5. Seacowboys

is there some way to check the court records rather than offering opinions?

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

here are all of their 09 cases and i didn check before my opinion above
    http://www.ca7.uscourts.gov/briefs.htm

7. Seacowboys

I can't find any mention of it there so you are probably right but the phone-lines are very busy at the Gun Source (an established dealer) and the server is over-loaded with people trying to buy one of the 5 Colt M4s they have listed on their website for $1012.00 each. If this happens to be true, it would not surprise me because the NFA has already been defined by them two years ago as only relating to interstate commerce.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ongoing case, might be an earlier year. Very highly doubt it is '09, unless they somehow date on the decision rather than the date the action is brought.

9. Seacowboys

Here's a link to their website. If this is an April Fools joke, they sure are generating a lot of calls and traffic on their site; great marketing scheme, especially if they have ammo in stock. http://www.thegunsource.com/

10. ghrit

Ammo looks to be mostly backordered, at least 5.56 is, in all brands. Prices are pretty stiff, too.

11. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I can't get on the site ,it's down .
    But if ya google Eric R. Thompson ya come up with all kinds of cases he has aginst the DNR and others maybe this ain't crazy .
    I got to read more !!

Nope it has to be April fools day thing ,that just ain't right !!!!

12. Seacowboys

13. ghrit

Somebody please take the hook out of my mouth? I took the bait --

14. Seacowboys

LOL...my boss is still trying to dial that 800 number.

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Even if it were the real deal....

I couldn't afford the ammo to feed the beast! [dunno]

My shooting buddy owned a legal Class III firearm for awhile - he was going broke buying ammo for it. And it did NOT like the cheap plated bullets either. He finally sold it for three times his purchase price - great investment if you can buy 'em!

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

To me this is the giveaway: if something is too good to be true it often is going from the most repressive antigun state( commifornia) to "oh here ya go; you too".imho gots to be a hoax
    Its the first anybodies heard of it???

California residents

Since this ruling is so new, there are no restrictions for California residents. Bet on the fact that they will be up to speed very quickly with reducing your Constitutional rights so take full advantage while you can!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7