Canada’s Customs Laws

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Cruisin Sloth, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Unfortunately, Canada’s customs laws make it difficult for eBay users to buy and sell across borders. Our “de minimis threshold” is set at $20, which means we’re responsible for paying duties and taxes on international purchases worth more than $20. Our threshold -- set in the 1980’s -- is out of step internationally: the US threshold is US$800!

Canada’s low de minimis threshold makes shopping more expensive and creates red tape for entrepreneurs. It also costs taxpayers money because the government spends more to enforce the law than it actually collects at the border. Learn more.

eBay Canada believes that our laws should reduce burdens on consumers, entrepreneurs, and taxpayers. If you agree, please sign our letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau.

Participation is easy. Together, we can make a difference.

Sloth
    Link to sign for Canuks :
    Tell the Trudeau Government to Increase Canada's De Minimis Threshold

If were out of step , fix or move , or delete ..

2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

BUILD THE WALL AND MAK 'muika PAY FOR IT~!

Ooops....wrong thread.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is both interesting, and timely for me! I have been looking into a serious heavy duty truck, and Canada is known to have built the baddest trucks on the planet! I am looking for ether a Pacific or a Hays off road log truck to convert into an off road fire truck! There are a crap load of Old Log Trucks up there just sitting, and I wanted to find out how to get one and if it is even possible! Any ideas?
    DSC00164.JPG

sec_monkey, Motomom34 and Mindgrinder like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Where are You ? In USA ?
    I have driven many into WA for a car hauler to pickup & deliver to a new owner .
    Wet coast has largest units around .
    three rear bogies & two forward all drivin by a hummin cummins .
    Biggest I've seen

Sloth

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I'm in Colorado, but am willing and able to run north at the drop of a hat! No problems getting into and out of Canada. My findings are that the Victoria ( Pit Lake Area) B.C. area are where most of these come from! Big Cummins or Mack V8 would be the ideal, but a Big Ass V8 Cat isn't out of the question! 3 axle is all I need! I can get the U.S. Dept of Transportation to issue a waver for GVW like I did on my current truck, so they cannot pull me into a scales and fix me with an over gross ticket! I need to be able to carry an 8000 gallon water tank and another 12000 pounds of gear and pumps, plus tow a 2 axle heavy duty trailer with a 5000 gallon water tank on it! Current truck cannot get any where near this, and its a 40 ton off road rated truck! The picture I posted ( swiped from the innerwebs) would be the ideal rig!

sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Mindgrinder

When fishing at Pitt Lake use worms with a white jig head or red salmon row.
    When eating in Pitt Meadows - Jolly Coachman for wings on thursday or if you time it right Meat Buffet on Friday 11:30am-2pm.
    http://jollycoachman.com/our-menu/

I'm quite close to Pitt and would be happy to show ya around.

7. Cruisin Sloth

Pit Lake Area B.C. is NOT where these drive , or we would have less folks alive .
    the one you posted is a toy size compared to the dec drive of 10 .

These need a hauler deck , tires off & all tucked in to be less that 13'

sec_monkey, Mindgrinder and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Much thanks guys! Might have to take ya up on that offer if and when I get up there for a shopping trip! Cruisin Sloth, I need to keep it under 12 feet wide for road use down here, other wise one of the big monsters would fit the bill. The ones I am looking for are the Pacific P-12 series trucks and as long as they do not have a Detroit Diesel 2 stroke, i'm good with pretty much any engine choice! Might as well get the jeep trailer too, saves the purchase of axles later on!

sec_monkey, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Mindgrinder

Plenty of logging and dam work still going on out at Stave...maybe they park'em in Pitt for service or something.
    When fishing Stave, use wedding bands and TINY garden worms.
    :)

MG

10. Cruisin Sloth

Screaming Demeans are a thing of the past , 12' wide are not the "big units we have on our logging roads .
    Your looking for the street size .
    Our loaded full stick haulers can be 18 feet loaded plus .
    Not what you looking for .
    have photos from years ago ,Somewhere.

sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7