Canadian sniper sets world record with 2.2-mile pickoff of ISIS fighter

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bandit99, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

So the idea is not sniping or long range picking off of daesh. Onward and upward ---

Kingfish likes this.
  2. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I think this 2.2 mile shot was an awesome feat and most likely not ever repeated. Better to get half that distance and make it every time. Even then it would be way outside my expertise. I would never put myself in such a bad place where someone could see me from a mile or more away.

chelloveck likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm all for taking out daesh / Taliban hajis just about any way possible...whether by sniping with a rifle, one by one, or nine mile sniping in bulk.

Kingfish, Tully Mars and Brokor like this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I liked that last big bomb Trump used. The tunnel buster. yea baby :)

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

The secrets to the success of the Canadian sniper team are slowly starting to come out.
    First the sniper himself along with his spotter have given much of the credit to the other two team members who armed with brooms sweep the air in front of the bullet..
    images.duckduckgo.com.
    Nothin but Love MG, nothin but love;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    M118LR, oldawg, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  6. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Just cause it's time to mention the NATO folks that have sent a few "Boy's into Battle" don't think I'm going to genuflect.
    It's a good thing that WE ALL are on the same TEAM. Just my American opinion. LOL.

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Aye

M118LR and sec_monkey like this.
  8. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

The excitement rises as the Canadian Curling team takes the ice. he he he he

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. saskcop

saskcop Monkey+++

Interesting to note that three of the top five longest sniper kills in history were made by Canadian soldiers. I may have left the Canadian Military some 30 years ago, but I do remember that the emphasis on marksmanship was always at the forefront. (probably because the stupid lieberal government would not give us money for ammo .....)

3M-TA3, Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I miss Reveille, but I'm glad they reformed under the name, Genuflect. :cool:

Haven't heard anybody use the word properly in a long time.

sec_monkey and M118LR like this.
  11. saskcop

saskcop Monkey+++

Considering that Canadian snipers account for three of the 5 longest kill-shots on record, they must be doing something right in their program. Good job fellas.

12. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Just how many of the longest kill-shots might you consider are off-the-record?

Mountainman, 3M-TA3 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7