Canned butter: some results

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Falcon15, Jun 1, 2011.

1. suvalley

suvalley Monkey+

Thanks for this thread, I knew butter could be canned, but never actually did it. (just for comparison, four pounds of butter is over 11 FRNs here) Now, here's a poser: Can you can butter made from fresh milk? From cows or goats?

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Butter can be made from fresh whole milk, goat or cow. The butterfat content of the milk will determine the yield. allow the milk to sit, skim of the cream. Put the cream in a glass jar and shake it with hard jerks. See below:
    YouTube - ‪Making Butter‬‏

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Trust me when I say that if a certain Presidential Sumone gets his face put on there after his current term expires. Good butt wipe or not, it'll definately be used for that purpose!!!

4. Texas Prepper

Texas Prepper Monkey+

This is a great post. I will save your instructions. Since not everyone has so much time on their hands I'll pass this link along. I bought some powdered butter though XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. It has a long shelf life and you can make just a little or a bucnch. Just add a little water and mix it up... Let it cool in the fridge and it's real honest butter. Ymummy! Love it!
    ETA: removed site link until cleared by admin. ghrit

5. coloradohermit

coloradohermit Monkey+++ Founding Member

On another forum, someone who canned butter gave reports after a year and, I think, 2 years. She reported that the grainy texture goes away with time.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7