Canning data - Professional sources on the Web

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by DKR, Jan 13, 2019.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

National Center for Home Food Preservation
    The National Center for Home Food Preservation is your source for current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation. The Center was established with funding from the Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (CSREES-USDA) to address food safety concerns for those who practice and teach home food preservation and processing methods.

Has posters and other educational material for children as well as 'adult' data and instructions. Contains links to FedGov - USDA publications.

As I uncover more of these Ag Extension type sites, I'll post them here.

Bandit99, Ganado, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The USDA ag extension sites are prolific with great free info but you do have to dig because every locality has a bit of something different for that area.

Each area is by County or Parish so if you search usda extension and your county name you will get a plethora of articles and info and the location of the local office for books, pamplets etc. The extension service is funded by USDA but run by the State Agricultural University. Most information it is free.

Extension | National Institute of Food and Agriculture

They also run the Master Gardener programs

Bandit99 likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Thanks DKR and Ganado! I will pass these links to the Master Canner of the family...I just do the washing up parts, usually pots and pans. :)

Ganado likes this.
  1. TnAndy
  2. Jaybird
  3. Big Ron
  4. Ganado
  5. Ganado
  6. Motomom34
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid