Canning Jar Storage Boxes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by MAB53, Sep 29, 2011.

1. MAB53

MAB53 Monkey+

I don’t know about any of you, but it PMO when makers of canning Jars quite using cardboard boxes to package and sell them in. It was nice to have the box to reuse for storing and protecting the jars from breakage. All the new packaging leaves you with is some trash to throw away. This is the solution I have come up with. Much stronger than the cardboard box, and not a lot of additional weight added for the extra amount of security. Box will hold twelve wide mouth jars with a layer of cardboard in between each jar. Stack-able with carry handle. I may change out the handle for some type on the outside of the box, as that is the most time consuming operation. That way when stacked it would seal each box off, and no entrance for varmints. If you think you might be interested in some let me know and I will get you some pricing. Old cabinet maker trying to make it through some slow times.

Box.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

they look nice, good idea
    what you need are those fold-in handles for trunks

3. MAB53

MAB53 Monkey+

Thanks, I will probably come up with something in house, to keep the cost down.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Needs a "key" of some sort to line up for stacking, too. Good idea. Maybe make some kits to ship KD?

5. MAB53

MAB53 Monkey+

They have blocks on the bottom of each box that fit inside the top of each one to lock them in place. KD would simplify shipping.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7