Can't find 'em? Roll your own. (informational and educational purposes only)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VisuTrac, Feb 10, 2013.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Oh those winter nights spent in the shop just tinkering.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

bwahahahahaaaaa
    Liberator Pistol anyone?

Download the cad files at Mega.

I didn't attach the file here because, well the alphabet boys are claiming export restrictions .. alas, it's already in new zealand.

Mechwolf likes this.
  3. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

glad you posted that VisuTrac. The DOD already had it yanked from most sites.

4. VisuTrac

5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

The speed at which they pulled those is...disturbing to say the least.

6. Not to sound like an Internet newb, but when it comes to getting files via torrenting I am. I used to do the peer-to-peer thing like 8 years ago to fetch music until virus issues started getting out of control so I quit trusting anything p2p related. Any suggestions on what a reliable (or trustworthy) program to use for p2p?

7. VisuTrac

It doesn't matter, once it made it to the internet, it was viral.
    Like trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

I'm actually surprised how slow they were.

DD had been telegraphing that they were working on it for a bit now. Plus all of their other designs. I mean sheesh .. some of those have been there for months before they got their firearms license.

What has got the state department cranky is the 'Technology Export' part.
    They don't seem to understand .. innovation in expedient firearms is not an american trait. It's in every curious human. Give them a bullet or a shotshell, show them how it works, leave a bunch of shells for them. Trust me, they'll figure out a way to make it go bang and hopefully in a general direction of down range.

Early experimenters will be named 'One Eyed Jimmy', 'Lefty' and such, but their kids will be whizzes with the mfg of said arms.

Poof, genie is gone global.

franks71vw likes this.
  8. VisuTrac

I use <link removed due to another member bad experience with it installing an addon>

it's not the torrent program you need to worry about. it's the files you download.
    Make sure your AV program is updated
    scan the files before you open them
    and you should be good to go.

9. Oh great. Now I am infected with "Search Conduit" (a browser hijacker) and the only thing I did was download utorrent.

Not a single spyware/malware problem in three years.... and within thirty seconds of getting involved with torrent stuff, all of a sudden I'm infected. :(

I think I liked the Internet better in the 1990's when you just download zip and tar files from ftp and telnet.

------------

Apparently a problem since 2010 (of installing without user notification or permission), and still not fixed: uTorrent Browser Toolbar Mystery Causes Confusion | TorrentFreak

10. VisuTrac

very strange. I didn't have that problem.
    installed fine, not add on a helper / extra search tool on mine.
    what browser are you running?

EDIT,
    did you just let it do the standard install or i'm guessing there is an advance install option that I may have used when installing. I always pick advanced and deselect addons and tell it where i want to install the program .. like my removeable drive.

11. I did standard install because.... me being a moron who has not yet learned his lesson that you should never trust anyone in this world.... I just ASSumed that the company wold not be sleazy enough to make toolbars and add-ons part of the standard install and figured that it would give me a prompt if it wanted to install anything extra.

It gave me a few extra prompts about if I wanted to download some promotional stuff (I assume how the make their money), and I clicked no to all the "extras" the offered. The toolbar, apparently, no prompt in the standard install. I'm going to make a point of always doing expert install from now on with anything.

I disabled it for now. Still worried about if it is running in the background and doing something surreptitiously.

12. VisuTrac

Sorry about that BA, if you are running chrome, you should be able to delete it from the browser add ons

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7