Carlos Hathcock......one tough cookie.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Jul 29, 2006.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Just finished reading a paperback entitled Marine Sniper. Story of Carlos Hathcock's 2 tours in Vietnam. Man.....what a tough SOB that guy was !
    93 confirmed kills ( and probably that many again unconfirmed ) including one shot at 2500 yds !!

One NVA general he shot, he had to crawl in over the course of 2 days thru 1200 yds of grass only for cover....one canteen of water, in the heat of Vietnam, ants eating him alive, and no food for 2 days to make an 800 yd shot.

Read it if you get a chance.

Charles Henderson, author. ISBN # 0-425-10355-2

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I read it a good while back. The "White Feather" was an incredible soldier. I also have his first camera interview on VHS where he described a lot of the events in the book. It is an excellent read.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

It is a great Book, His courage in saving the troops burning in that APC, then trying too shoot agin afterwards was #1 in my book, they dont make em like Carlos anymore.

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

"White Feather" was awesome.... some amazing discipline and tough as nails....

Another good book is One Shot - One Kill.... Charles Sasser and Craig Roberts... American Combat snipers, WWII, Korea Vietnam and Beirut.... Carlos Hathcock is in there as well....

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep, got the books, the video AND and a signed picture. His record has been broken but he was one hell of a sniper.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7