Cars In Ditches?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I haven't seen sneaux in awhile, Send me some please....
    Now back in school up in college park we had sneaux and ice one year, The 66 stang was a drifting fool across parking lots.
    Friends VW beetle was a hoot, Get up some speed, cut the wheel and yank up the emergency brake.

SB21 and Meat like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I still like drifting in it. I ran plow for many years which is probably why I’m “over confident” driving in it. I never made it to the motor grader though. I know I could run one with some hours at the wheel but so far no luck. That ship has probably sailed most likely.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I learned to drive a Motor-Grader on a WWII Austin-Western Grader with an OLD Gasoline/Diesel IH Hybrid Engine... Getting it started was an hour long process in Cold Temps... Fortunately, We got a newer Champion 740 Grader for the last few years... The Champion has a nice 671 Jimmy Diesel and a bit of Go-Juice starts her right up...
    Picts of AlaskaChick driving the Austin-Wester, and our Newer Champion 740 follow:

IMG_0661.

IMG_0756.

4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

As I write these words, SNOW is falling in NW Alabama! :eek: Hell, it has been falling for about 4 hours and we have about 3 inches on the ground! o_O But it won't last because the temps have been in the 70s for a week! It will be gone by morning! :(

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was wrong, the snow is still here and traces of it may remain for a few days. The roads were clear this morning, but they will refreeze tonight. Gonna be fun going to work in the morning!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

There you go!!! A little drifting practice to start the new year !

SB21 likes this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I don't wanna drift!

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@Wildbilly
    Drive slow and use slow inputs on go or steer / stop .
    You have folks that need you , even HERE !
    Sloth

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The roads were dry and ice-free...so no drama!:) However, we will be getting another round of winter weather on Thursday.:cautious:

1. oil pan 4
  2. Modus Operandi
  3. DKR
  4. oldman11
  5. Meat
  6. hot diggity
  7. HK_User
  8. Thunder5Ranch
  9. BTPost
  10. oil pan 4
  11. arleigh
  12. Motomom34