Case Knives

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've been thinking about Case folders alot the past few months and today bought my first 2 on ebay.

Here's the seller's description of the first one:
    Case Tested XX Two Blade Folder, O/L closed is 3-1/4", the master blade is 2-1/2" long, with a common pull & is tang stamped "CASE TESTED XX" , with the long tail C, the secondary blade is 1-3/4" long, both blades show some use & peppering, the scales are a Beautiful Jigged Brown Bone that have no chips / cracks , nickel silver bolsters, pins & liners! This is a Very Nice Vintage Case Tested Folder !

I paid $76 for this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next,
    CASE XX STAG TRAPPER SSP 5254

CASE XX STAG TRAPPER SSP 5254 Up for auction. Knife has RED scroll on the blade and othe blade has 5254 SSP made in USA.

Blades have never been sharpened and are of Stainless Steel.

Stag is not Chipped pr Cracked.

Knife is in near mint condition. Look the photos over and form your own opinion.

Trapper collectors this is a beautiful knife.

I bought the knife at an estate sale and one just like it, in the late 90's.

This one was $104. They can be worth quite a bit so I'll have to see when I get it. He also has another he's offered me if I like this one.

[​IMG]

Anyone else like these? I thought I'd buy older ones, but I'll look at new ones too.

2. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dang Valkman - nice knives!

3. Valkman

Argh - I just bought another! This one's a real old Boker with 4 blades, but it was $20 I bought it. This'll teach the wife to leave me home alone! :lol:

Oops, just scored a REALLY old Browning folder for $9.99. :twisted:

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I don't have any that old, but I do have several Case Knives. The oldest Case I have is probably 20 years old. I have probably two or three that are worth something, and the rest are just in the box and ready to use. Although if they sit in the box another 20, they will be worth something.

5. Valkman

Crap! I bought 2 more! The wife's gonna kill me!

This one is from ebay - been in a drawer since the 70's. Paid $22.

[​IMG]

But then I went searching for the Seahorse model, which I heard was just a beautiful knife. I found one and bought it - this is like the prettiest knife I've ever seen! I think this one was $47.50 - it's a brand new, first production run from 2004.

[​IMG]

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is a sweet knife.

7. TLynn

So does this mean you'll quit bidding on that one knife over on USN Valkman? After all it's set up for a leftie...and I'm left handed.

Come on pretty please???

8. TLynn

Eat your heart out Valkman - the Strider/Buck knife is mine!!!! All Mine!!!

Yes I do gloat now and again. Though I think I outbid myself by $9 (go figure).

9. Valkman

Congrats on that knife Teresa! I'm also glad to be reminded that your backwards - that way we can make you a backwards sheath! LOL

10. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Go TLynn ! Go !..... b::

11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hey now! She's not the only lefty around here.
    You know that the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.So that means...............
    leftys are the only ones in thier right mind!

12. Valkman

I got on a Case Collectors forum and showed 'em the knives I bought. They told me that black one has not been sitting in a drawer since the 70's - it's a 89 production knife. These guys are good!

But they also say for $22 they'd keep it. :lol:

13. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yes sir leftys are in their right mind!

14. ColtCarbine

Valkman you just can't seem to get enough knives can you, the turqoiuse one is sweet!

15. Valkman

I got this one today - I had sworn I wouldn't get on ebay and buy more, so I went down to Lowes and bought one there!

This is a Black Pocket Worn Russlock:

[​IMG]

16. Valkman

Chuck, Chuck Chuck. That is not turquoise! THAT is

"Pocket Worn Carribean Blue"

Now you know. b::

LOL

17. ColtCarbine

Sorry man, I should have known, what was I thinking. [beer]

18. TLynn

Hey Valkman I'm sure we can find you a "Knife Anonymous" meeting place somewhere near where you live for this addiction you seem to have acquired.

:lol: [ROFL] :lol:

19. Valkman

Here's some new arrivals! b::

Top left is the Black Pocket Worn Russlock
    Bottom left is a 1989 Peanut I got on ebay for $12
    Bottom right is a Pen knife that the logo dates to 1920-1940. Sweet bome handle!

But the one in the middle is the big prize - I got it on ebay for $104 and got it today. The stag handles are stunning and the knife is unused and unsharpened. It dates to the late seventies and I am very happy with it. The seller has another one and I'm trying to work a trade for one of my knives.

[​IMG]

Here's a crappy pic of my 3 Seahorse Whittlers in Amber Bone, Jade Bone and Carribean Blue Bone:

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7