Casting Reality TV Series – Alaskan Builders who specialize in Survival Cabins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Survival Cabin, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Hi, there,

I work for a nationally recognized television production company and we're currently looking for a builder or a group who tracks down dilapidated cabins in Alaska, rebuilds them, and transforms them into the ultimate survival shelters.

I've attached a press release below.

If anyone who comes to mind for this inquiry, please feel free to forward their info to survivalcabinscasting@gmail.com . Any guidance or direction on where to look or whom to contact would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Zimmy and UncleMorgan like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Never head of anyone fixing and flipping survival cabins in Alaska. Couldn't imagine anyone in Alaska or any survivor wanting their privacy invaded like that. We do have an Australian who has wanted to be part of a survival wilderness show for years. If you do anything down under we have a guy for you.

:D;)

3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I don't think it'll fly. In the first place no one with a BOV/Survival Cabin would want it on the show because then everyone (and all their cousins) would know where it was and what was in it.

In the second place, if I built survival cabins for a living, I wouldn't want my face on TV because--gosh!--I'd probably have all kinds of useful stuff in my house.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Been There, DONE That.... I Live in Bush Alaska, and have been a Cast member of a Reality Television Show, as well as a consultant to the Production Company.... Once is enough, for us, unless there is Good Bucks in it for Us... My favorite Line from the "Executive Producer" was "But it makes for Good Television"... as I questioned the Utter Stupidity of the Scene.... You just gots to Love, TV People... or you just SHOOT Them... On sight...

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Survival Cabin
    :lol: Not much of that mud will stick on these walls. Good luck, and do stop around and find out what OPSEC and real preparations can be. There's a section on off grid living that will load you down with hints. Gotta say, I hope you are on the payroll and not depending on finder's fees.

6. Have him send in his info!

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Hey, I'm in! I know a moose that has a cannery in Excursion Inlet. He just loves it when people invade his privacy.
    ....well, he doesn't actually own the cannery but he does like canned tuna.

oldawg, Mindy Sue, oldman11 and 6 others like this.
  8. BTPost

Hey, I resemble that remark....

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. ghrit

Who, the moose, the aussie, or the cannery owner?

10. BTPost

Certainly NOT the Aussie....

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

First class return air fare by Qantas with a dozen or so stop overs in various parts of the mainland USA and Alaska...and I may be interested. (I may be the Aussie being alluded to.) ;)

Am a retired infantryman who can construct machine gun bunkers...site field defences, obstacles, booby traps. Have completed Infantry Centre assault pioneer, and mortar platoon commander courses and have an extensive wardrobe of cross dressing accessories for the kind of production company that values inclusivity and GLBTQICH affirmativeness....oh and I know all of the words to the Monty Python 'Lumberjack Song'!

If anything, I'm perhaps a little overqualified. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Mr / Mrs / Ms / Miss / Zer Cabin. Are you the Cabin, that if selected....I would be required to rebuild and transform? Please send me a recent photo of yourself (un photoshopped) so that I can assess your current state of delapidation...and estimate the probabilities of a satisfactory restoration. Is your bottom end sagging, and will i have to buy filler in bulk....or will plenty of scrim and camouflage netting suffice? These are serious considerations.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  12. BTPost

No, No, No.... Don’t bring that Aussie to the Alaskan Bush.... The climate will be detrimental to his Health.... He might be, likely, allergic to Lead Suppositories....

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yeah you're the Aussie that I think would be great on a survival show.
    You are way over-qualified but if they fly you over, Colorado is a hub for many airlines. I'll buy dinner

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  14. ghrit

Or Andy or Milhol, one can't tell for sure. :LOL:

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

whee here we go again... another person looking to make us all MOOOvie stars :rolleyes:

@Survival Cabin sorry we get about two of these a year so we are all pretty jaded on these types of requests.

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Stop on by Chell if yer in these here parts!

chelloveck likes this.
  17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I had to stop laughing before I could post. I live in Alaska. I would think the Tee Vee folks would ask here, in Alaska, before posting on a international web site.

HINT
    The economy is headed down the crapper here in Alaska, nobody has the dough to buy a 'survival cabin"

On the plus side, the purchase, possession and smoking dope in Alaska is legal - so if you want to think up more of this stuff, you are welcome to come party here.

Ganado, Ura-Ki and ghrit like this.
  18. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I did a movie once, pray your children never see it i'm wearing a mustache :oops:

19. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I could tell you where I'm at but then I'd have to kill you. OPSEC you know!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I think the Aussies have lots of poisonous bugs .. but the mosquitoes and black flies in the bush .. that'll drain ya dry.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7