Catholic Church has gone on the Offensive !!!

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Gator 45/70, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So, if they are shot while escaping that would be better? In the extreme case of cruel and unusual punishment, we could release the incorrigible and sell hunting licenses.

Yeah, I can't buy into that either. But the death penalty may or may not be "right" in any particular case, and it has proven to dispense with some innocent people as well. More's the pity of the truth. How to prevent that economically is beyond my feeble brain's ability to grok.

I am pro death penalty. I'm truly glad that forensics stands a good change of exonerating some of the accused. However, barring proof (as in lead pipe cinch) of innocence (as vs. proof of guilt) by whatever means, it is past time to reduce the outlay from public coffers.

[peep]

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

They need to execute publicly and on CSPAN. Let the mothers see what may happen to their children if they grow up to be murderers. Let the would-be murderers see what waits for them and there may be a few less murders. The inhabitants of the cess pool where these murderers are spawned should be fully exposed to the reality of the consequences and then maybe a few things will change.

SS

tacmotusn likes this.
  3. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

"Shot while escaping" is fine by me. Shot while attempting an arrest is also fine by me. But when someone is in a jail cell behind bars...not ok.

"Let the mothers see what may happen to their children if they grow up to be murderers." - This is the group I would want to have see it most...the parents.

I have shown you the economics of it...the death penalty is way more expensive than life in prison the way things are set up now.

"it is past time to reduce the outlay from public coffers."

The easiest way to do that would be to eliminate the death penalty.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

If expense is the main criteria, why do we have a greater percentage of people behind bars than any country in the world. 3 strikes and your now a lifer, is BS. Anyone in jail for pot is BS. Shall I go on? Reduced time for good behavior (just sitting on your ass), I don't think so. Job training OTJ programs? Yes, if you work to get credits to do it.

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7