Cattle Rustling making a comeback...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck Rebel, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Couple of incidents here in the area in the past few weeks. Haven't heard of anything like this in years around here.

Cattle rustlers hit Delphos-area farm | delphos, cattle, rustlers - LimaOhio.com

4 arrested for stealing hogs | missing, piggy, arrested - This little piggy went missing - LimaOhio.com

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

As meat prices rise, this crime will too - ANYTHING of value is fair game for thieves.

3. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

What a weak penalty... up to a year for 32 hogs??

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I probably should be careful how I word this. I dislike thieves and liars to a great degree. I have honed my skills with firearms well beyond that of the better than average rifleman or pistolero. My speed might be slightly off from when I was 25 or 30, but that is offset by the fact I am on the downhill side of life, and after seeing several friends both believers and non believers leave this life, I don't really fear that anymore. It will come when it is supposed to. I often insert myself into positions where evil doers may decide to get real stupid. If they do, oh well, too bad for them!
    The price for 32 hogs could get real steep real fast. .... just saying.

5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

It hit us here in WV last summer we had a guy back up to a fence cut the wire and take about 10 head. I tracked them down to a live stock show and a crooked old man but couldn't pin them. The owner didn't brand or tat them. They are still taking one or two here and there and most of the cattle owners a marking it up to unkown deaths out on the farms. We are finding out about it after 3 or 4 Im just waiting to show up and do the report and zip the theiving bastard in a body bag. Most of the farmers here would give you the shirt off their back and if you are hungry they will make sure you eat but if you steal from them they will kill you. Can't say I blame them.

6. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

All farmers around here have a backhoe and I have only heard of attempts to steal cattle !! Just saying that we don't have many problems here !!!

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When did Cattle Rustling become "Not a Hanging Offense" in the States? Must have been about the same time as Horse Thieving, became Grand Theft, instead of TOBAH.... (Take Out Back and Hang) .....

STANGF150, Alpha Dog, jim2 and 5 others like this.
  8. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

It's always been a problem here in Texas to one degree or another. The closer one gets to the Mexican border, the worse it gets. Most of the meat goes to and always has gone to Cuba. There was a lot of SSS in the past, but now all levels of govt. get involved and make things difficult. Part of it depends on what kind of DA one has at the county level. Some county sheriffi's refuse to even clear out the drug cartel operators that take over ranches along the border. Yellow B@#%@#%$!

Things sure are going to hell pdq!
    jim

tacmotusn likes this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Thieves steal what they know. If they know livestock they steal livestock. If they know car stereos they steal car stereos. If they know politics, they run fer office....

10. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Here in N.E. ARIZONA, rustling is still a hanging offense on the books. If you get caught even moving your saddle horse on the road, you better have a moving permit from the livestock commision, or you will most likely be in the crow bar hotel .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7