CCDW CLASSES IN KENTUCKY

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by fws2055, Aug 27, 2013.

1. fws2055

fws2055 Monkey+++

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED I AM TEACHING CLASSES IN KENTUCKY FOR CCDW.

$75 FOR THE CLASS

CLASS TIME IS 6 TO 8 HRS.

DRINKS AND SNACKS PROVIDED

CALL ME AT 502-224-5364
    CCDW Seal . ccdw map.

2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Am I correct in my recollection that Kentucky does not provide for non-resident licenses?

3. fws2055

fws2055 Monkey+++

The Kentucky CCDW Concealed Carry license is for residents. But Florida and West Virginia recongnize the class and once you have completed the class a certificate will be mailed to you and then you can get your CCDW in either of those states (Florida or West Virginia).

www.concealedcarryclasseskentucky.com

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm in Ohio. Good question. I was contemplating a run across the border.

5. fws2055

fws2055 Monkey+++

Check with your local Sheriffs office or the CCDW dept. in your state and see if they honor Kentucky's class. When I took the instructors course, we were told that Ohio and Tenn. honored Kentucky's classes, but check with them to make sure. I know Ohio's course is 2 days or 12 hrs. long. Let me know either way. Thanks, Rick.

6. kellory

Yes, Ohio will recognize a Kentucky CCW class, and CCW permit. But only if it is a 10hr class time/2hr range time class. After class cost would be $67.( If I wanted it issued in Ohio.)

7. fws2055

fws2055 Monkey+++

Ohio recognizes KY CCDW permit, but would they let you take the class in KY and issue permit in Ohio.

8. kellory

Yes. that is the $67 fee.

9. fws2055

fws2055 Monkey+++

It is the same in KY as Ohio. The class fee is seperate from you license fee. You pay the Sheriff $65 to $67 here for the license. Licenses here are good for 5 years, that is what the $60 is for, the rest of the money is their extra $ fee's for copies and so on. The difference here is that the class is shorter and the class fee is less. If they recognize the CCDW class certification, then you save money on the class fee and the class time is shorter.

10. kellory

No. They will recognize a 12 hr course only 10 classroom/2 hr range time. They will NOT permit for a shorter class.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7