CCW Saves Lives Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Clyde, Dec 19, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

86-year-old woman grabs gun in self-defense | News - Home

gun . . . the great equalizer.

BULLS GAP, Tenn. -
    An 86-year-old woman grabbeed a gun in self-defense when police say an intruder broke into her home. News 5 sat down with this woman today and listened to her tell about the experience.

Louise Howard lives just off a busy highway in Bulls Gap.

She told us she's been the victim of theft many times before, and she's had enough and it was time to take a stand.

"I told different people if I ever catch them, I mean to kill them," said Louise Howard.

Louise Howard may be 86 years old, but she isn't afraid to defend her home or her life.

On Friday afternoon she was forced to do that. Howard said a young woman broke the glass on her door and forced her way inside.
    "I was in shock. I didn't know what she was going to do to me!" Howard said.

Howard immediately grabbed her gun, but the two started to struggle down the hall.

"I already had my gun in my hand, and I wouldn't turn it loose for anything," she explained.

Howard's hands are proof she wasn't letting go.

"She stuck a fingernail in there," said Howard. "She moved her hands sort of released me a bit. I moved over like that, and I was going to shoot her in the stomach, but she took her knee and hit my elbow."

The bullet ended up inside the wall where it still hides.

Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told us Howard was in her rights to use her gun for protection.

"All indications [were] the intruder, the female, has a wrench. It was what she used to break the window of the door so she could've defended herself," Sheriff Lawson explained.

Howard said she is a repeat victim of crime, "I decided I would put all of my valuables in my pocketbook, and they would be with me wherever I went and nobody would get it," she said.

But she still came out with a loss. Investigators said the suspect took her purse, that held two sets of keys, some rings, a bank card, and checkbook, but thankfully for her, nothing more valuable than that.

"I was more scared for my cat than I was for me, because I guess I'd give my life that cat I love him so," said Howard.

Sheriff Lawson described the suspect as a white female about 5'9" with a slender build, long dark hair, and a round face.

The suspect was seen leaving in a red car.

If you have any information you're asked to call the Hawkins County Sheriff's Department at (423) 272-4848.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Utah store owner pulls gun to foil knife-wielding robber
    | The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah store owner pulls gun to foil knife-wielding robber

By Jim Dalrymple II
    and Bob Mims
    | The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Feb 05 2013 10:11 am • Updated 7 hours ago

A knife-wielding, would-be bandit got an unpleasant surprise Monday when he tried to hold up a South Salt Lake convenience store and found himself facing a gun.
    South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the suspect, described as Latino man wearing black jeans and a black jacket, first paced back and forth in front of the Tesoro store at 3900 South and Main Street. About 11 a.m. he walked inside, pulled out a knife and demanded the owner give him all the cash from the register.

Store owner Ahmed Nazir later admitted the incident was frightening. According to Nazir, the man was outside crying and mentioned to another customer that he needed an ambulance.

Then he walked into the store, pulled out a "normal-sized knife" and demanded cash.

The other customers slowly moved away, Nazir recalled, and then he told the suspect, "No."

"I said, ‘Man, I’m not going to do that.’ "

When the man repeated his demand for money, Nazir pulled out his gun.

Nazir declined to describe his gun in detail, but said it is a .45-caliber handgun.

When the suspect saw the firearm he placed his knife on the counter and slowly walked out of the store, heading east on 3900 South toward State Street. Moments later, police responding to a 911 call located the suspect inside a nearby Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet and took him into custody without incident.

The 28-year-old Mexican national was booked into Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony. He was being held without bail on Tuesday.

Nazir said he’s glad he had the gun, which he alone has access to at the store. He also said the store has been burglarized while it was closed, and this is was the first time he has had to brandish his weapon at a would-be robber.

"I have a right to protect myself," he added. "If you use it right and you use it sensibly, there is nothing wrong with a gun."

Keller declined to comment on the wisdom of brandishing a gun at a potential criminal, but said that the incident ultimately "did go well, no shots were fired."

Keller also pointed out that Nazir was able to protect his own life, as well as the lives of his customers, because he had the gun.

Still, Keller described owning a gun as "a lot of responsibility," which requires training, among other things. Keller added that the use of deadly force is only legal when protecting life and not when protecting property.

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Home Intruders Make Fatal Mistake of Breaking Into Armed 72-Year-Old Man’s Home — Guess What Happened | Video | TheBlaze.com

A 72-year-old homeowner immediately retrieved his handgun when he heard several home intruders attempting to gain entry to his Las Vegas residence early Monday morning. And when the criminals entered his bedroom, he opened fire, killing one of the suspects and sending the rest fleeing, KLAS-TV reports.
    “Several intruders, had gotten into the home, entered his bedroom and he fired at least one shot, and they fled,” Metro Police Officer Bill Cassell said. “It is unusual, first of all, to have multiple people burglarizing a residence, especially when they are carrying weapons.”
    When police eventually arrived at the Las Vegas home, they found one of the intruders trying to escape in a car. The car hit a patrol car and then the suspect attempted to flee on foot, however, police were able to take the man into custody.
    A second suspect, described as a Latin male, was last seen running from the neighborhood where the attempted robbery took place. He remains at large. Police found a third male, armed with a handgun, dead in the homeowner’s backyard. The cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound.
    The incident was the second time in three days that a homeowner in Las Vegas had used a firearm during an attempted burglary and fired at an intruder.
    The elderly homeowner, identified as Dr. Joseph Piracci, is also a recent burglary victim. Police say charges against Piracci are not expected.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Attempted murderer and victim both injured in gun fire at St. Pete complex, police say

Posted: 02/07/2013
    Last Updated: 22 hours and 25 minutes ago
    • By: Kristal Roberts
    ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A gunman suspected of attempted murder was taken to the hospital along with his victim after an exchange of gunfire at a St. Petersburg apartment, police say.
    Once the alleged gunman, Deltonia Clary Jr., is released from the hospital, police are taking him to jail.
    The shootings occurred just after 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at the JamesTown Apartments on the 1200 block of Burlington Avenue N.
    Police say 20-year-old Clary Jr. tried to rob 20-year-old Shawn Enwright at the complex.
    When police responded to several reports of shots fired, they found one of the men with gunshot wounds. The second man had arrived at a local hospital emergency room.
    Witnesses say during the attempted armed robbery, Clary Jr. and Enwright exchanged gunfire. Both men were shot in the process.
    Both men are now recovering at the hospital.
    Once Clary Jr. is released, he will be charged with Attempted Homicide and Armed Robbery and transported to the Pinellas County Jail.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

!

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Lewis County Sheriff: Man protected himself, family by shooting intruder | Q13 FOX News

LEWIS COUNTY — A Lewis County homeowner shot and injured a man who broke into his home early Sunday morning near Chehalis, Wash, protecting his young family in the process, the Lewis County Sheriff said.
    According to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department, the 24-year-old man was asleep with his wife when he overheard someone talking outside his home in the 400 block of State Route 603. The man called 911 and armed himself with a pistol and positioned himself by the bedroom door to wait for police.
    Before police could arrive, the 51-year-old suspect entered the home and started down the hallway, police said. The homeowner told the suspect to stop, police said, but the suspect charged him. The 24-year-old fired one shot and hit the suspect in the torso. The suspect continued forward and wrestled for the gun, but the homeowner was able to topple the man and hold him at gunpoint until sheriff’s deputies arrived at the scene.
    The suspect was transported to the Provide Centralia Hospital and airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition. He is under police custody and will be arrested for burglary and assault, police said. He allegedly admitted to police that he was smoking meth earlier in the day.
    The homeowner was not injured in the incident.
    Lewis County Sheriff Steve Mansfield said he was happy the homeowner was prepared to protect his family with a gun.
    “Our response times are as fast as we can make them but there may be a time when you are by yourself and you are forced to make a life or death decision to protect yourself and your family, like this man did.”
    The Lewis County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the incident.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Excellent.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is very close to @fedorthedog country... He just might have some further insight...

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Do not comply with a criminal! No warning shots and shoot to kill . . . .

What Happens When You Comply With Criminals – Miami Robber Tried to Execute Woman After She Gave Up Her Purse

Anti gun politicians and officials will often tell you that no property is worth your life and you should always try to comply with violent criminals instead of fighting back.

I wonder what they would say to a Miami woman who was shot in the neck by an armed robber who tried to execute her after she gave up her purse and complied with his demands.

Fortunately the woman live through the initial ordeal, unfortunately due to the location of the bullet in her lower jaw she will have to have several surgeries, will be at a high risk for infection and other major complications, and may not be able to eat or speak normally for over a year.

If someone is pointing a gun at you and threatening violence against your person, you have to assume they mean business, and you have to be prepared to fight.

Read the full article here:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/30/miami-mother-shot...

10. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Shootout at Inkster tax preparation business caught on camera - Fox 2 News Headlines

INKSTER, Mich. (WJBK) -
    There is a manhunt underway after a gun slinging couple stormed into a tax preparation business. A security guard was shot and the dangerous duo is on the run.
    "Just seeing that footage and knowing that it's two doors down, yeah, I have to get out of here immediately. It's time to go," said Lillie Heard.
    She saw the chilling video of the shootout just two doors down from her home on Kean Street in Inkster. The house there has been converted into a tax preparation service. At 2:30 p.m. Thursday, even though a security vehicle was parked in the driveway, Bonnie and Clyde showed up to announce a holdup, but what they didn't know was they were about to get an AR-15 surprise.
    The armed couple both had handguns. Surveillance video shows them being greeted at the door by the receptionist. The business owner was sitting in a chair against the wall. The bad guy pointed his gun at the receptionist's head. The security guard in the office pulled out an AR-15 rifle. After the shootout, the security guard lunged to the door.
    "The security guard that was inside returned fire, two shots at the suspect. Did not hit him. The suspects then fled the location," said Inkster Police Detective Lieutenant Jeffrey Smith.
    The couple ran off in different directions. Police do not believe the man or the woman were wounded.
    The security guard shot twice, once through a doorway and a round directly through a wall.
    "There was quite a few people inside the location. Very lucky that nobody was seriously injured. The security guard did suffer a wound to the upper leg area, but he's going to be okay," Smith said.

11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

MYRTLE BEACH - Woman used gun to stop robbery attempt in Myrtle Beach - Today's News - MyrtleBeachOnline.com

MYRTLE BEACH -- A 46-year-old woman told Myrtle Beach police she fended off a would-be robber early Friday by kicking him and then pointing her gun at him, according to a police report.
    The victim told officers that at 2:50 a.m. Friday she arrived for her shift at work at the Bagel Factory at 2012 N. Kings Highway when a man opened the driver’s door, police said.
    The victim said she kicked at the robber, who had something covering his face and a hooded sweatshirt over his head and a black hat, and he pushed her into the vehicle in an attempt to get her purse, according to the report. The victim said she continued to kick at the man until she reached into the glove box and retrieved her handgun.

The victim said she pointed the gun at the suspect and he turned and ran south toward 19th Avenue North, according to the report. Officers found a locking blade knife on the floorboard of the vehicle and the victim told police it belonged to the suspect but she didn’t see it during the attack.
    Detectives are investigating the incident.

12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Two suspects dead, one at large following home invasion - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News, Weather, Traffic & Sports

Two suspects dead, one at large following home invasion

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 2:21 PM EST
    Updated: Feb 17, 2013 11:49 PM EST

PRINCE EDWARD, VA (WWBT) -
    Prince Edward sheriff's deputies are investigating a deadly home invasion that happened early Sunday morning in Prospect. Two of the three suspects are dead, shot by the homeowner in self defense, according to investigators on scene.
    Meanwhile, the search continues for the third suspect.

This situation began unfolding at about 4:30 a.m. in the 5000 block of Prince Edward Highway, or Route 460. Investigators told NBC12's Kelly Avellino three unknown men forced their way in the front door of the home, where a man was alone with a 2-year-old child.

According to a press release issued by Sheriff Wesley W. Reed, that man called 911 to report a home invasion and said the suspects were armed. Reed also said gunfire was exchanged between the suspects and the caller.

Authorities said two suspects were pronounced dead at the scene, while the third managed to escape on foot.

We're told the homeowner and the child were not harmed.

Right now, there is a vague description of that third suspect, who is believed wearing dark clothing. According to Reed, K-9 units tracked the suspect a quarter of a mile west of the crime scene. It was there, investigators say, the suspect is believed to have gotten into a vehicle.

A Virginia State Police spokesperson had previously confirmed to NBC12 they were working with the Prince Edward Sheriff's Department on this investigation.

The two deceased suspects were transported to the medical examiner's office for identification and confirmation of cause of death.

BTPost and ghrit like this.
  13. BTPost

Maybe it was the Holes, leaking blood, that caused the death of these to Bad Guys.... Only the ME will know.... RIGHT?

14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

FOX4 Mobile: Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home

Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home

Feb 18, 2013 10:24 p.m.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    An elderly man shot and killed a would-be burglar inside his Oak Cliff home.
    Police say the homeowner saw Deyfon Pipkins, 33, trying to climb into the window and fired his weapon at least once at the intruder.
    The homeowner is legally protected by the Castle Doctrine, which allows a person to defend his or her home against an intruder.
    "It means they don't actually have to retreat once someone comes in their home," Sergeant Calvin Johnson, Dallas Police Department, said. "You have the option of using deadly force if you believe your life is in danger."
    After police notified relatives of Pipkins' death, some showed up at the house. They were upset, and questioned the homeowner's actions.
    "He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."
    Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.
    The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but Dallas police will refer the case to the Grand Jury to decide if he acted criminally in shooting the intruder.

15. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Would-Be Robber Shot Multiple Times at Sacramento Metro PCS Store | KTXL FOX40

SACRAMENTO-
    The day after a takeover robbery at a Metro PCS store on Folsom Boulevard that left the suspect dead, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department has no one in custody and may never.
    “We have no evidence that a crime occurred,” Sgt. Jason Ramos told FOX40, “This is a homicide investigation, although it may very well turn out to be a justifiable homicide.”
    Ramos also said surveillance video inside the store shows the suspect hopping the counter with a gun drawn and getting shot multiple times by an employee.
    The suspect’s name hasn’t been released at this point, but FOX40 has learned he’s a 30-year-old parolee with an extensive criminal record.
    “One of the things we’ll be looking at is whether or not the suspect in this case yesterday might be related to any other robberies,” Ramos said.
    The Metro PCS store was targeted in a nearly identical robber in October 2012 and the neighborhood is no stranger to it either.
    “This stretch of Folsom Boulevard is a haven for robberies. Patrol officers every weekend are responding to a robbery on Folsom Boulevard between Watt Avenue up to La Riviera and a little bit beyond,” said Ramos.
    Less than a football field away from Metro PCS sits El Forastero Mexican food. The taqueria has been robbed four times in five years.
    Ramos doesn’t believe based on the surveillance videos and statements from store employees that the shooting death qualifies as murder, “Anytime somebody points a gun at you, it’s pretty easy to articulate your life’s in imminent danger.”

16. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

lead poisoning. Don't you know, lead is a contact poison? hard and fast contact is often fatal.

17. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

18. BTPost

@CATO ... Why don't you send them "This Thread" and any New Posts, that you add to it, as you find them.....

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

OPSEC is a really good reason to not bother. To send it, they want too much personal data. I can see why that may not be the best idea these days.

20. BTPost

Lets get @Brokor to send them from his Annonomised IP Address, using a fictional Persona.... He is very good at that stuff.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7