CCW Saves Lives Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Clyde, Dec 19, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Gun-toting restaurant employee stops robber in tracks; Victim pulls gun on robbery suspect | WPMT FOX43

The tables quickly turned for a armed robbery suspect in Lancaster City after a sub shop employee pulls out a gun and stops the robber in his tracks. The suspect entered Speed’s Sub Shop along the 300 block of East King Street around 10 p.m. on Friday night. He approached the employee behind the counter –told him he had a gun and demanded money.
    Instead of complying–the employee pulled out his own gun and pointed it at the suspect. The robber was last seen fleeing the store empty handed.
    Police say the suspect was a white male, approx. 20 years old and about 5’11″ tall. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
    Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 717-735-3300.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

tulianr likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Anyone want to ask him what level of weapon he should have been restricted to? I'll bet an AR-15 would have been welcome about then. or even a .22 pistol.:(

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Best one yet!

Here's the way I see life: if you make the decision to take the easy way out and steal, rob, hurt another to get material things that you should get from the money you earn from a job, then you give up the right of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

I bought a tactical shotgun in 2007 after 2 punks walked in my open garage and stole two bicycles. Some libtard friend of the wife stated that she didn't think a bicycle was worth killing someone for. I told her I didn't either--my life is worth more than a bicycle, that's why I don't steal. It's not about the bicycle, it's about their attitude and what they're willing to do next.

Why didn't the sorry POS Pipkins, who got what was coming to him, notify homeowner that he was going to do a little B&E later in the evening and that he should leave the premises so that no one would get hurt. These kinds of dependent people are truly the parasites of this nation that everyone else has to pick the slack up for--they only take and give nothing in return.

Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com
    Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 10:48 PM EST Updated: Feb 18, 2013 11:24 PM EST

DALLAS -
    An elderly man shot and killed a would-be burglar inside his Oak Cliff home.

Police say the homeowner saw Deyfon Pipkins, 33, trying to climb into the window and fired his weapon at least once at the intruder.

The homeowner is legally protected by the Castle Doctrine, which allows a person to defend his or her home against an intruder.

"It means they don't actually have to retreat once someone comes in their home," Sergeant Calvin Johnson, Dallas Police Department, said. "You have the option of using deadly force if you believe your life is in danger."

After police notified relatives of Pipkins' death, some showed up at the house. They were upset, and questioned the homeowner's actions.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."

Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.

The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but Dallas police will refer the case to the Grand Jury to decide if he acted criminally in shooting the intruder.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Funny how LEOs want citizens/civilians to "accept the consequences" of using a gun, but they think LEOs should be immune. Here's a key fact that cops don't want to admit: THEY are civilians too. Their boss (in general) is a civilian DA; they bring cases in a civilian court in front of a civilian judge. CIVILIAN! Don't forget it.

This guy who is the good Samaritan has probably pointed his *military* gun and more people that all the cops in that town put together. Some LEOs think they have a monopoly on pointing guns at people.

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman | FOX6Now.com

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

Posted on: 8:19 pm, March 12, 2013, by Henry Rosoff, updated on: 09:26am, March 13, 2013

WEST ALLIS (WITI) — A Marine Corps veteran was able to stop a man early Tuesday, March 12th from nearly kicking a woman to death. It happened near 102nd and Lincoln, and Wisconsin’s concealed carry law made his efforts possible.
    Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 a.m. along Lincoln Avenue when he saw something on the sidewalk. Blackmore didn’t realize it was a woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach until he got closer.
    That’s when he jumped out of his car and sprung into action.
    “I said ‘stop’ and he starts coming towards me and that`s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said ‘get down on the ground,’” Blackmore said.
    Blackmore held his gun on the suspect and called West Allis police. He says several times while waiting for police to arrive, the attacker moved toward him.
    “I mean I’ve already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that. I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasn’t playing around and he didn’t seem like he was playing around,” Blackmore said.
    Blackmore says police eventually showed up and had to force the suspect to the ground. They then asked to see Blackmore’s concealed carry permit.
    “I put my hands up turned around and said ‘you can grab it out of my wallet.’ Checked my permit, gave me my wallet back, and then interviewed me for their paperwork,” Blackmore said.
    West Allis police say that paperwork is not yet available. For that reason, the name of the attacker and his victim have not yet been released.
    “She had a really big laceration by her eye and it looked like her nose was broken,” Blackmore said.
    Blackmore didn’t catch any names either, but said the victim told him the man is an ex-boyfriend.
    “She was not with him anymore and he had stalked her that day or something and he attacked her on her way to work,” Blackmore said.
    Blackmore says situations like this are why he supports Wisconsin’s concealed carry law, and the rights of gun owners.
    “We do good things. Not all of us are bad or crazy gun nuts. There are good people,” Blackmore said.
    The West Allis police chief says these types of situations really are judgement calls for gun owners. While they don’t encourage this behavior, they appreciate citizens watching out for each other as long as they do it legally and are willing to accept the consequences.

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Not a sterling call to defend those in need....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7